Thursday, June 28, 2012

Then There Were Two

Last night Mike and I fell asleep around midnight.  We woke up wide awake around 1 am.  What?  We watched a few Colbert Reports, but we were still wide awake.  Then Mike said, "Do you want to watch So You Think You Can Dance?"  So we went down to the movie room at 2:30 am and watched the show.  Needless to say, we didn't get any sleep last night.  It wasn't a big deal for me, because I was just at home today. Mike had to work, so he was very tired.  Mike actually worked late yesterday.  They told him he could take a half day sometime.  He came home at 2:00 and went to bed.  He woke up at 8:00.  I wonder how he will sleep tonight!

I dropped Maysen off at Youth Conference this morning.  They are having a stay at home Youth Conference, so she will just be sleeping across the street.  This morning they went boating.  Maysen came home for a few minutes this afternoon.  She wanted to grab her glasses.  She looked very happy and said she was having a great time so far.  Yay!
Maysen and Jaime - her Miamaid advisor
When I got back from dropping off Maysen, I fell asleep.  Obviously.  I made sure Jorja was okay hanging out with Preston and didn't have many worries.  Jorja came into my room later and asked if she could make chocolate pizza.  I barely remember this, but  I remember telling her no.  Chocolate is harder to melt than she might think.  She asked if she could make hot chocolate.  I told her yes.  Jorja makes hot chocolate all the time.  It is super easy with the hot water faucet Mike gave me for valentines day.  This is how I assumed she would make it.  I was wrong.

I went to check on the kids in the playroom after I woke up.  It smelled of air freshener.  Lots and lots of air freshener.  I can't stand the smell. I asked why they had sprayed the air freshener.  Jorja said, "I think I put a wrong pan in the microwave."  What???  I went to the kitchen and holy cow did it smell horrible!  When Jorja made hot chocolate, she decided to make it with milk.  She warmed up the milk in a pot in the microwave.  She put it in for two minutes!  The handle on my pot is shriveled.  I am glad she didn't set the house on fire!  I had to talk with her (again) about how she is not allowed to use the microwave or the stove without me there.  Oh boy.  What a Porge!

This afternoon Bubs called and asked if they could come swimming.  He asked if they could bring dinner as well.  Sold!  It was a lot of fun having them here.  I think this is the first time they have been swimming this year with us.  That seems odd.  It was a great time except Lincoln and I both got stung by a bee.  That was not fun.
Abby swimming with water wings!  She is fearless!
 Abbs
 Bubs & Abbs
 Ella ~ giggling up a storm
 Lincoln
 Jorja, Bubs & Ella
 Preston ~ he asked for me to take his picture, then tried to hide
 Bubs, Ange, Abby
 Abbers
Ange's dinner was great.  Jorja made snow cones for everyone.  Jorja and Preston are tucked snuggly in their beds.  I'm hoping Maysen and Stockton are happy.  I haven't heard from/about Stockton since Monday.  I am constantly praying for him.  I'm so worried and I hope he is having a wonderful time.  Now I'm off to bed.  Hopefully I'll be able to sleep tonight!

No comments: