Saturday, June 30, 2012

Swimming by Herself!

Mike had Preston 'help' him change the oil in the cars.  Preston loved it. They were so cute working together.  Preston liked this much more than pulling weeds with me this morning.
Preston
 Mike ~ he is there Waldo style
 Preston took this picture
Stockton came home from scout camp around noon.  He seemed to enjoy himself.  He told us they went boating ten times.  Stockton got quite the tan while he was there.  He was excited to sleep in his bed tonight!  As far as scout camps go, this one was a huge success. Stockton said he had fun but would have rather stayed at home.  That is high praise from him!  He really did have a good time and I am so thankful for his wonderful leaders and all the time they gave to these boys.

This evening Mike and his family came over to swim.  Mike sent Christen shopping (there is a lack of choices in Albuquerque).  While Christen was shopping we swam with Skye, Larkin and Blake.  My dad also dropped by with Max.  The girls were a little timid at first.  Larkin wanted to stay by the stairs. Mike got a swimming jacket on her.  She wasn't too happy about that.  Slowly she got more comfortable.  I took Blake for awhile and Mike worked with Larkin.  Soon she was 'swimming by herself'.  She loved it!  She was so proud of herself.  She even went all the way to the deep end!

Skye was really good about going underwater.  We spent a lot of time counting to three and then looking at each other with our goggles on. Sometimes we would do silly poses.  Mike took Skye off the diving board.  She didn't like that at all.  She was very brave though, but once was good enough for her.

Blake loved, loved, loved the jet ski.  He was so cute on it.  Skye said, "My mom and dad rode one of those before I was born.  I saw a picture."  Funny.  Blake was very content and enjoyed everything around him.

We swam for a long time.  Skye and Larkin didn't want to get out. Luckily they will be coming back on the 4th!  After swimming the girls loved to drive the jeeps around.  I love watching them be so happy!
Mike & Blake
 Dad
 Mike and Blake ~ this was Blake's favorite thing to do!
 Larkin, Mike, Blake and half of Preston
 Skye and Larkin were very impressed with my flip
 Stephanie
 Max
 Preston
 Larkin swimming by herself!
 Skye & Stephanie
 Max pretending to be a girl
 Stephanie making faces at Blake
I figured I should be fair and post ridiculous pictures of me sometimes
 Jorja
 Larkin
 Jorja
 Larkin
 Blake & Larkin
 I love Blake's face and Larkin's concentration
 Skye
 Blurry Skye, put I love her face!
 Blake & Larkin
 Skye
Maysen came home from Youth Conference right as Mike and his family were leaving.  She seemed to have a good time as well.  Again I am so thankful for the leaders who watched out for my precious girl.    I am grateful for the opportunities Maysen and Stockton had this past week and I'm extremely glad to have them back home with me!

Note:  Jorja just came upstairs.  It is 11:46 pm.  She looked at the clock, looked at me and said, "Oh."  She thought it was morning already!

No comments: