Thursday, June 14, 2012

Shirohama

Okay, so I have a lot of pictures.  But really, how often will we be in Japan?  I put some of my favorite pictures with people in it up front, that way you can just skip the rest if you want.  Stockton will probably be annoyed because I bet this entry takes up the entire page.
Mike, Maysen and Stephanie at Shirohama
 Mina & Marie
 What a sweet sister!
 Maysen.  I can't believe how fast she is growing.
 Stephanie, Mike, Maysen
 Brett & Mina, Rachel, Marie ~ I love this one!
 Wait!  I love this one more!
 Mike and Stephanie
 Brett & Mina
 Mike & Stephanie
 Brett, Stephanie, Mina, Marie
 Mina & Marie
 Adorable!
 Brett, Mina, Marie, Rachel
Okay, let me write about today.  It was fun.  The end.  Just kidding! You only wish that was all I was going to say. You are not that lucky.  Anyway, I started the day off bright and early.  I woke up and went downstairs to look at the clock.  The clock on the stove said 7.  I couldn't believe it.  I was excited at how well I handled this jet lag thing.  I was the first one up, so I decided to take a shower.  When I finished I was still the first one up.  I went downstairs and played several games of Dominion on my cell phone.  After awhile I was wondering why everyone was such sleepyheads.  Then I remembered Brett saying the clock on their appliances never works because they are American appliances and they don't work well in Japan . . . or something like that.  I went to look and see what time the wall clocks said.  It was 3.  I had already been up for a couple hours by this time.  Whoops.  At least I didn't wake anyone when I was taking my shower at two in the morning.  I went back to bed and then got up around 5.  I did get to talk to the kids this morning.  Everyone sounded really happy.  Maybe it had something to do with my dad making scones in the morning and when I called they were just finishing up milkshakes.  I wish we could have taken all of them here!
Brett & Rachel's house
 Captain B. Millburn
We went to a fish market.  This is nothing like Pike Place Market in Seattle.  It had quite a strong smell, but wasn't too bad as long as you just breathed through your mouth.  Mike had fun taking pictures of all the crazy things you could buy there.  I'm not even going to attempt to label them.
 This Kit Kat was Soybean flavored.  I did not try them.
As we were about to leave, we noticed there was an upstairs.  We decided to check it out.  It was a giant play area for kids.  Marie was so happy!  The ball pit was weird.  The balls didn't feel like the ball pits in America.  They weren't plastic balls, they were more like rubber.
Mina
 Marie
 Maysen
 Marie
 Mina
 Stephanie
 Mike & Maysen
They also had an arcade area.  There was a life size version of Pop-Up Pirate!  How cool!  I didn't get a picture of Mike playing it, but he won chocolate coins.
Pop-up Pirate
 Marie & Mina riding Thomas
 Maysen playing Wack-an-Aligator.  She got the high score.
 Rachel playing this weird Angry Sushi Dad game.
She also got to be a Bridezilla.  So funny!
 Stephanie & Marie playing a pogo-stick game
 Maysen & Mike playing drums
After the fish market we went to a salvage yard.  Mike was excited about that.  The Japanese version of D.I.  We gathered several things and then sent Rachel in to do the bartering.  I wanted this pretty music box, but it was listed as 1,000 yen.  Rachel got the music box, a frog figurine, a Samurai bow and arrow set thing, and an Army thing for 1,000 yen (around $14).  Yep, she's awesome.
Lots of frogs!
 Brett's Army
We went to a buffet style restaurant that reminded me of The Melting Pot.  You would pick up your meat and cook it at your table.  I tried lots of things I have never tried before.  I even tried Sushi, but still didn't like it much. There was a lot of weird ice cream flavors. I didn't try green tea. They did have a cotton candy machine. It was awesome! **note: Mike's lap top ran out of battery and he forgot to bring his charging cord. I hate doing blogger on a PC because it doesn't work as well.....I will fix the lay out of these pictures later.
Brett
Stephanie
I took a picture of this drink machine because Preston loves these. Mike and Brett loved the Calpis. (It was kind of a pineapple flavor.)
Mina
Maysen
Marie
After stuffing ourselves silly, we went to Shirohama Beach. It was cold, but beautiful!
Maysen & Stephanie
Marie
Brett & Marie
Brett
Mike & Maysen
Mike
Brett & Marie
Maysen
Mike & Maysen
Marie, Mike, Maysen ~ Marie LOVED climbing on rocks!
Mike . . . crazy!
Brett & Marie
Maysen
Brett & Marie
Maysen
Maysen LOVED taking pictures
Rachel & Marie, Brett & Mina
Mina & Marie
Brett & Mina, Marie, Rachel
Maysen
Marie, Stephanie, Maysen, Mike
Mike, Maysen, Stephanie
Marie
Mike, Marie, Maysen
Marie, Stephanie, Mike, Maysen
Brett & Mina, Marie, Stephanie, Mike, Maysen
Stephanie, Mike, Maysen ~ that water was cold!
Mike
Mike & Stephanie
Mike & Stephanie
On our way home we stopped at this seagull shrine. There is no way to describe how creepy this place is. There are hundreds and hundreds of seagulls. At the bottom of the steps there are umbrellas you can take. The umbrellas serve two functions. To protect your head from 'droppings' and to protect your bodies in case the seagulls try to attack. You would think I'm joking, but the second is a very real possibility. On the way down, we stopped to read a sign. I think a seagull near the sign though we were looking at it. After awhile it charged us. It was so scary! I'm glad I had the umbrella!
Top of Seagull Shrine
Brett, Stephanie, Mike
Once we got back to Brett's, Mike, Maysen and I crashed. We were asleep by eight. What a fun day. Everyone should come visit Japan!

No comments: