Monday, June 18, 2012

Pokemon in Tokyo

Today was our first full day in Tokyo.  We started out the morning with a giant breakfast!  I stuffed myself silly, but I wasn't hungry the entire day.  After breakfast, we walked to the temple.  I wanted to get a picture of the temple grounds; but it was Monday, so the temple was closed. We did take some pictures in front of the gate.  It was only a five minute walk from the hotel, so no big deal.
Stephanie, Maysen, Mike
I had to laugh when I saw this car parked.  What a way to utilize space! Seems like something Mike would do.
We have spent a lot of time riding subways.  Mina does not like them unless she gets to hold one of the triangle things.  Then look how happy she is!
Mina
Our first stop was the Pokemon Center!  Maysen loved it there.  It is just a big, giant store that sells Pokemon stuff, but was fun to look around. We regretted not having Maysen's ds with us.  There were a ton of people playing Pokemon.  I'm not sure how the game works, but I think if Maysen was there she could have collected a lot of Pokemon.  Maybe we'll have to go back.  Maysen has her ds in the hotel.
Maysen
 Love this picture of Brett!
 Mike, Maysen, Stephanie
 Maysen
 Maysen wearing a Tepig hat
 Maysen wearing a Snivy hat
 Emolga hat
 Marie
We were laughing because one of the stereotypes of Japanese people is they take a lot of pictures.  Now I am in Japan and I'm taking pictures of everything.  Random signs, 7-11 stores, food . . . Anyway, I took this picture to show Stockton they had 7-11 here.  The only problem is they had no Slurpees or Big Gulps, so I don't know what the point of the store is.
 Mike loves robots.
There are a couple of places where you can go to get a great view of Tokyo.  One is the SkyTree.  It just opened in May and is the tallest tower in the world.  Too bad all the tickets were sold out.  Another place is the Tokyo Tower, but it is $20/person.  We went to a government building that lets you go up for free.
Marie
 Maysen
 Mina
Mina is quite the celebrity here.  There are always people wanting to get a picture of her.  Rachel says it's the age.  That happened to Marie all the time when they first moved here.  Anyway, we got some funny pictures of people taking pictures of Mina.  So weird!
 Marie & Mina
 Japanese signs are so funny!
 Some nice lady gave these origami flowers to Marie & Maysen.
 This contraption was made for Mina!  Seriously, she needed it!
Brett & Mina
There was a yummy bakery with a funny name.  Les Deux Magots. Don't let the name fool you, this place was delicious.  Maysen and I saw some bread that looked like Snickerdoodles.  I sent her in to buy it by herself.  She looked so cute and grown up buying stuff in a foreign country.  To top it all off, the bread was delicious!  Rachel said it is called Melon Bread.
Maysen
 Maysen with the Melon Bread
We headed over to Shibuya next.  One of the crossings is the busiest cross walk in the world.  Man, that place is crazy!  I loved it!  I kept sending people out to take their picture while crossing the street.  Mike and Maysen thought I was crazy, but I thought it was fun.  I HATE crossing streets.  I'm 100% positive that started when John was hit by a car.  Here crossing the streets is awesome!  There are so many people there is no way a car can get you!  You really can't tell how many people there are from these pictures, but it was really cool!
Brett & Mina
 Brett, Marie, Rachel, Mina
 Mike, Stephanie, Maysen
This is the giant TV on the Amazing Race.  The ones that the older couple couldn't find the clue on.
 We went shopping in this giant store.  Maysen and I both got a shirt.
Rachel & Maysen
 Mike
 Mike & Maysen
 Rachel & Maysen on the bus ride back to the hotel
 Beautiful flowers at the New Sanno Hotel
A lot of walking, but a fun day!

No comments: