Friday, June 15, 2012

Orise Gorge

We woke up bright and early and headed to the Horse Park.  There is a long roller slide there that is fun to ride on.
Maysen & Marie
 Maysen
 Stephanie
 Marie
 Maysen
 Marie & Mike
 Brett & Mina
After the Horse Park, Maysen and I went to Rachel's school where she teaches English to six-year-olds.  It was so much fun to watch her while she did this.
Rachel
 Maysen helping the kids
Brett and Mike picked us up after school.  Mike found me Raspberry Kit-Kats.  They were MUCH better than the Soybean kind.  Well, I never tried the soybean ones, but I know that it would be true.  They still aren't as good as the regular milk chocolate kind.
Stephanie
Our next stop was a sushi restaurant.  The sushi came on conveyor belts and you would pick what you wanted.  You could also order something on a computer screen at your table and then a bullet train would bring you your order.  When we were done eating, the waitress added up the plates on the table. The sushi here was better than yesterday.  There were even a couple that I enjoyed.  I was full when lunch was over, so that is a good sign.  I thought Stockton would think this was so cool. They had a stop like this on the Amazing Race last season.
 Bullet train sushi
 Marie with Fiber Grape Juice
 Good luck reading this bill!
Our next stop was Orise Gorge.  It was a really pretty walk.  The weather was great, so that made it even better.
 Mike & Stephanie
 Marie & Stephanie
 Mike, Stephanie, Maysen, Marie
 Brett, Marie, Rachel, Mina
 I loved this sign!
 The rock the sign above is talking about
 Maysen...Mina, Brett, Rachel
 Marie & Mike
 Marie
 Maysen
 Mike & Maysen
 Brett, Marie, Rachel, Mina
 Mina-chan
 Typical Mina
 Mike
 Stephanie & Mike
 Mina
The names on the stores are pretty funny.  We went in the Hard Off.  Another Japanese DI, but the prices didn't seem too wonderful.
I did the biggest choke with the camera.  As we were driving down the road, there was a bus that looked exactly like Pikachu!  I was so stunned I couldn't get to my camera in time.  Luckily I was able to point it out to Maysen.  Rachel says the school buses here are like that.  Her favorite is the bus that looks like Thomas.  I Googled Pikachu Bus in Japan so Jorja could see.  She would love that!

No comments: