Sunday, June 3, 2012

Mostly Successful

I had to go to church early this morning.  I had an appointment at 8.  I was almost ready and about to leave when Preston woke up.  He slept much longer than usual and came upstairs covered in throw-up. Mike asked him when he threw up.  It was the middle of the night.  Preston said, "That's okay.  I found a dry spot on my pillow to sleep."  Poor boy! Obviously Preston didn't go to church today.  I went to my meeting, came home and switched Mike.  He took the other kids to sacrament meeting and then went and taught his lesson.  We switched again so I could go to Young Womens.  Another reason I'm loving living here!

While the other kids were at church, Preston and I played two games of Dominion and read stories.  Preston had a bucket next to him and had to use it a couple of times.  Preston also hasn't needed pullups while he sleeps for several months. (So proud of him!)  I thought today I would put one on him just in case.  I'm glad I did.  We had three extra ones and he went through them by the end of church.  I decided to go and buy more.  I came home and changed Preston.  He asked me where I got the pullups.  I said I bought them at the store.  He shrieked, "What!  It's Sunday!"  I tried to explain that Heavenly Father understands about emergencies.  That I just bought pullups and nothing else.  He still wasn't buying it.  Oh well.  Needed to be done and we ended up using several.

For Family Home Evening tonight we talked about setting goals.  They had a week to think of their goals.  Mike made these cool goal charts out of Olympic rings.  He labeled them physical, mental, social, spiritual, and talents.  They were to choose two big goals for inside the rings and little goals around it to help complete the big goal.  (The little goals don't have to correlate with the big goal.)  I thought it was funny that Mike had as a big social goal Invite a family for swim and BBQ and Go to class reunion.  For his little goals he had Build pool house, Build outdoor shower, Build treehouse . . .

Mike also tested his submarine for the first time.  He declared the launch 'mostly successful'.  It dove and came up and the water didn't leak anywhere.  He was disappointed that a water bubble got in front of the camera he had in the sub, so when he looked at the computer it was blurry.
Mike's submarine
 Mike
 Stockton and Mike
 Mike
My Porgie was feeling better today!  Glad to have her back!
 Jorja
 Maysen
We finally got the tree I bought in Nauvoo hung up.  I really like it.  Now I just need to get pictures in the frames.  Hopefully the random boy in the hat doesn't stay up there for years!

No comments: