Friday, June 8, 2012

Lagoon With the Parrys

Today was Lagoon in June!  The weather was perfect all day long.  I was so excited to see my Grandma & Grandpa there!  Grandma said, "I never miss this!"  Still, I was glad to see them.  Lagoon has gotten ridiculous in some aspects.  They made my Grandma & Grandpa pay $35 to get in the park!  They didn't have any entrance only passes.  My grandpa asked to talk to the manager.  He asked him what they thought they would be able to ride.  The manager said, "You could go to Pioneer Village."  Really?  My Grandpa did end up going on one ride.  He rode Rattlesnake Rapids.  I wish I could have been there!  Jordyn got a picture.  Awesome.
Grandma & Stephanie
 Grandma, Grandpa & Stephanie
 Grandma, Grandpa, Stockton & Maysen
 Grandma, Grandpa, Preston & Jorja
 Grandma, Grandpa, Lincoln & Ella
We got to Lagoon at 11 and wasted no time getting on rides.  I had warned the kids that the lines would be long and now would be the best time to ride anything they wanted to ride.  Maysen went to Air Race - there was already a long line for that.  Stockton, Jorja and I went to Blast Off and ReEntry.  There were no lines for those!  We stopped by an easier airplane ride on our way to meet Maysen.  I saw her on the purple airplane.  I was so glad I wasn't with her!

Preston LOVED the airplanes!  He was scared at first and wanted to go with me.  Half way through the ride he yelled, "I want to go on this again!"  He went again with Jorja.  While Mike was waiting for Jorja and Preston to ride, I took Maysen and Stockton on the skyride.  They got the exact same carriage as they got last week.  Weird.  As we were getting off the ride, Jorja and Preston met us at the bottom.  Preston was running to us and tripped.  He scraped up his knee and was so sad. Not a great way to start the day.

I took Jorja on The Spider.  She did not want to go, but I really wanted her to.  She loved it!  She would have gone again if the lines hadn't arrived.  Maysen and Stockton didn't want to wait in the line, so they didn't go with us.  Maysen took Preston on Music Express to get him happy again.  It seemed to do the trick.  Jorja took him when we got back.  They rode it together.  Jorja is considered a 'responsible person'.
Preston & Jorja
 The ride has stopped, but they are hiding from the camera.
 Preston
 Preston - looking a lot like Weston
 Jorja
 Jorja & Preston
 Preston & Jorja
Today was also my dad's stake Lagoon day.  With those tickets Mike was able to get an entrance only pass for free.  Too bad we didn't see Grandma & Grandpa out front.  I was glad I got a pass for me.  There were several rides that Preston wanted to be with me on.  I also took Lincoln and Ella on a few rides.  When we were riding OdySea, Ella REALLY wanted to ride with me.  The only problem was Preston REALLY wanted to ride with me.  I ended up riding with Ella and leaving Preston in the front of the line, then switching to Preston the next ride.  For some reason they took forever starting the ride when I was with Ella.  We sat on the ride at least fifteen minutes!  I'm glad I had a fish where I had a good view of Preston and was able to talk to him.

I also went on Rattlesnake Rapids with Preston, Maysen, Lincoln, Ella, my dad, Cathy, and Max.  I was sitting next to Ella and could tell we were going to be the lucky ones who got hit by the waterfall at the end.  I picked up Ella and tried to get her out of the way, but no luck.  We were soaked!  She did not like that.  Lincoln loved the ride though.  I was wet the rest of the day.  I had just changed out of my swimsuit.  Luckily my kids were still wearing theirs.
Grandma & Jorja
 Grandma & Maysen
 Grandma & Stephanie
Mike ended up taking the kids to the car early.  Jorja and I weren't ready to go.  The weather was perfect and the lines were just getting short again.  Plus, my family was still there!  Last week, Mike took Jorja to the car while I rode rides with the other three.  Today, Mike took the other three to the car while I rode rides with Jorja.  We were able to ride Tidal Wave (and get in the back) and the swings.  There were so many gnats there, when you rode the swings they would pelt your face.  I guess that is a good thing if you are a frog!

Today was such a wonderful day - I love my family!

No comments: