Thursday, June 21, 2012

Good-Bye Japan

We kind of wore ourselves silly yesterday, so we opted for a nice/easy/lazy day today.  One of the things we wanted to do was to go to the gift shop in the hotel.  It opens at 10 and closes at 6.  We hadn't been able to make it yet, so we decided today was the day!  We also had to be checked out of our hotel by noon.  Luckily Brett & Rachel were staying one more day, so we were able to put our luggage in their room.

Brett, Marie, Mike and I decided to walk to a park that is near the temple.  It is called Arisugawanomiya Memorial Park.  It was a short walk and was quite pretty.  As we were leaving we noticed you could see the angel Moroni poking up over the trees.  I took a picture, but it looked way awesome in person.
Mike & Stephanie
 Mike
 Marie
 Brett & Stephanie
 Japanese signs are the best!  Here are some of them I saw today.
 My favorite.  Pink cell phone guy cracks me up.
Maysen wanted to go back to the Pokemon store.  We were really disappointed that we didn't have her ds with us the first time we went. This time we brought it fully charged.  There wasn't nearly as many people here today as on Monday.  The main Pokemon store was there, but the shop around the corner was gone.  We're guessing there was some special even the last time we were here.
Mina & Rachel
 Maysen with lots of other Pokemon players
 Maysen
 Mike & Maysen
After Maysen got her fill of Pokemon, Mike wanted to get his fill of sushi.  He really liked the sushi this trip, but was worried he wouldn't like it once he got back to the states.
Mina, Maysen, Marie, Rachel  (Brett & Mike are there too)
 This is what Mike and Brett ordered.
 Rachel's plate
 Maysen wanted me to take a picture of this guy.
It totally looks like something Stockton would draw.
 Next to this guy was a store that looked like it said, "Duh"
 Mina ~ she loved the camera!
We stopped at a store and got a few snacks.  Rachel gave each of my kids and my dad a chocolate candy.  That was nice of her.  Thanks Rachel!  What was really nice of Rachel was she gave me a 2 piece platter set that I had my eye on in the Kitchen District.  I love it!  It caught me completely off guard.  I was so tempted to get it myself, it was so nice of Rachel to get it for me.  For no reason too.  It's not my birthday!  I wasn't going to complain because I really love it!  I'll have to take a picture of it when I get a chance.  Right now it is all packed away in my backpack.
Ketchup Pringles - Mike's worst nightmare 
 Mina
 Mike's popcorn
 Rachel, Mina, Stephanie, Marie
Brett walked us to the train station.  I wanted to take a picture of him wearing a pink and leopard backpack.
Mike & Brett
Saying good-bye.  I miss you already!  Thanks for letting us come and spending so much time with us.  I hope you can come to the states soon! I love you!!!!!
Brett, Stephanie, Marie
We made it to the airport with no problem.  We are now experts on the Japanese subway.  Well, I wouldn't go that far, but at least we have an idea what we are doing now.  Our plane is about 30 minutes ahead of schedule.  Good thing we made it here in plenty of time!  Good-bye Japan!

No comments: