Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Disney Sea

What a fun day!  We spent the entire day at Disney Sea.  It is right next to Tokyo Disneyland.  It is kind of like a couple of the Disney World resorts put together.  They have their own mascot.  Duffy the Disney Bear.  They LOVE Duffy down here.  When we first arrived in Japan, I saw something with the Duffy and Disney logo.  I pointed it out to Maysen and said, "They don't know that Duffy isn't a Disney character."  Well, obviously I was completely wrong because Duffy is EVERYWHERE.  He even has a friend named ShellieMay.  We saw many people pose for photographs with their Duffy and ShellieMay dolls.  It was quite the sight.

Anyway, today was wonderful.  It was quite windy, which at times was bothersome; but I found myself longing for the wind whenever it stopped blowing.  It sure kept the heat away and made for a perfect day.
Brett & Mina ~ now those are fun rings!
 Mike, Marie & Maysen on the monorail
 Tickets!
 Maysen, Mike, Stephanie
 Brett & Mina, Rachel & Marie
 Stephanie (Mickey & Duffy)
 Mike, Maysen, Stephanie
 Maysen & Mike exploring DaVinci's flying machine
 Maysen & Stephanie
 Mike had fun with the cannons
 Mike & Maysen
 Brett with Marie the celebrity
 Marie & Ariel
 Mina
 Marie
 Maysen
 Two story Merry-Go-Round
Brett said they got three rides stopped for them.  They stopped the merry-go-round because Brett hopped on Mina's horse during the ride.  She was on a one-person horse, so they stopped the ride and told him he needed to get down.  The other ride was the bumper boat ride (Aquatopia).  Mina lost her shoe.  They stopped the ride and fished it out.  I can't remember the third ride that was stopped.
Flower Genie
 Stephanie & Maysen
 Maysen
 Mike & Maysen with their milk-flavored ice cream cones
 Maysen & Mike on the flying carpets (kind of like Dumbo)
I wish I had gotten an English Japanese shirt.  Some of them were so funny!  My favorite was one that said, "My name is Tapioca Pudding".  I got a picture of this cute little girl with her "To be happy toy" shirt.
 Disney Sea ~ right next to the ocean
 Maysen & Mike
 Maysen & Stephanie
 Stephanie & Mike
 Maysen & Stephanie
Marie's FAVORITE part of the day was Triton's Kingdom.  She loved it in there!  We went and saw a show in the Mermaid Lagoon Theater. Mina LOVED it!  She has never sat so still before!  It's kind of funny because the show is in Japanese, but the songs are in English.  They changed the show and Ariel decides she should not leave home.  Brett & Rachel like to joke that it is very Japanese ~ trying to indoctrinate the kids that they shouldn't leave Japan.
Marie & Maysen
 Stephanie, Mina, Marie, Maysen
 Maysen & Mina ~ Mina likes Maysen.
Not a big fan of me, but she loves Maysen!
 Mina
 Mina & Maysen
 Maysen, Stephanie & Marie
 Mina ~ what a cutie!
 Maysen & Prince Eric
 Stephanie & Prince Eric ~ we couldn't find a Dinglehopper
 Marie & Mina
 Love those girls!
 Rachel & Mina who is still going strong
 Exhausted Marie
 Mike, Mina & Maysen
 Rachel & Mina
My favorite ride today was The Tower of Terror.  I have never been on that ride, but I remember the Fuller's talking about it years ago!  Again, everything is in Japanese, but we were able to get the gist.  Mike's favorite ride was the Indiana Jones ride.  That was fun and Maysen got to be in the driver's seat for it.  My favorite picture was one of Brett on the Indiana Jones ride.  Mike, Maysen and I were off by ourselves most of the day.  Brett & Rachel would take turns riding rides.  On the Indiana Jones ride, Brett was in the jeep with a group of Japanese school children in their uniforms.  Oh man!  Every time I walked past a group of school children (and that happened a lot) I couldn't help laughing. Brett said he was laughing the entire ride about it!
One of these things is not like the other.
At the end of the day Mike, Brett & Marie went to Storm Chasers. Rachel, Mina, Maysen and I went to watch Fantasmic.  It was really crowded so I put Maysen on my shoulders.  It is not as easy to do that as it used to be.  Maysen enjoyed the show, so it was worth it.  I love Disney.  (Except the time I took all four kids by myself to Disney World during spring break.  That was a bad idea!  I basically paid over $500 so they could ride Dumbo and Peter Pan.  Maysen and Stockton did get to ride the log flume, but that was it.  This trip to Disney Sea was so much nicer!)

No comments: