Friday, June 1, 2012

Awesomeness

Let me start out by saying This ride is evil!
Today we were able to spend the day at Lagoon.  Overstock rents it out for their employees once a year.  Love it!  The weather was great, we got in free and there were no lines.  Pretty awesome day.  What made it even better was the kids were fantastic.  They didn't even complain about walking.  They couldn't have been better, it made the day so enjoyable! EXCEPT for one unfortunate thing.  My Porge.  She has the worst luck! This morning she mentioned that her throat was hurting, she said she didn't drink enough water during the night.  (That is a frequent complaint.)  Unfortunately, she really did have a sore throat.  She was able to have some fun at the beginning of the day, but around 2:00 she started feeling really warm.  She was quite miserable the rest of the day. I am so proud of her though.  She was amazing and let us finish the day.

Now let me tell you about the evil ride.  The ride I will NEVER ride again.  It is Lagoon's new ride called Air Race.  Because there wasn't a line, we had no idea what this ride was going to do.  It spins, twists, turns upside down, goes backwards, holds you upside down . . . I was sick for two hours after.  I have never been that sick from a ride before. Poor little Jorja rode this ride.  She was so scared.  It's probably what put her over the edge too.  The craziest thing about the ride . . . Maysen LOVED it!  Seriously!  She went on it five times!  Well, I don't know how many but that ride was her favorite.  She also spent a lot of time going on tilt-a-whirl and scrambler with Preston.  They had so much fun running back and forth on those rides.  Oh to be young again.
Jorja, Maysen, Preston, Stockton ~ Tilt-a-Whirl
While we were on the ride of death, Mike took Preston on the Odyssey. Preston loved getting Mike wet.
Mike, Preston
 Maysen & Stockton
I talked Preston into going on the ladybug ride.  He was quite scared. He kept saying, "I think I'm scared!"  I had my hand right over his heart.  It was beating so fast!  After, he said he liked it, but didn't want to go on it again.
Preston, Stephanie, Jorja, Random Kid
Jorja and I were waiting while Mike took the kids on a ride.  I was quite sick at this point and decided to lay on a bench.  Jorja was right next to me.  When Mike got back he asked where Jorja was.  I pointed, but she wasn't there.  I had a moment of panic before I saw her running off the Tidal Wave and getting back in line.
Jorja, Maysen, Stockton in the back
 Jorja & Preston
Jorja and Preston got balloon animals from a clown.  Jorja has been making simple balloon animals lately.
Preston
 Preston with his heart flower
 Jorja with her frog on a lily pad
Maysen, Stockton, Jorja and I all went on this ride.  I love it!  Jorja was scared while we were in line, but she loved it!  Stockton and Jorja went back with me later in the day and we rode these several times.  Jorja wanted to go even though she was quite sick at this point.
Stephanie, Jorja, Stockton, Maysen
 Maysen & Mike
How do you know Jorja is really sick?  She got on a frog to ride on the merry-go-round, before the ride started she hopped off and laid down on a bench.  That's a sick little Porge!
Jorja
 My poor little Porgie
Stockton and Preston rode the little kid bumper cars.  It was funny to see Stockton slouching the entire way through the gate.  He thought he was so sneaky!
Preston & Stockton
 Jorja waiting at the bumper cars
 Preston
Part of Preston's heart flower popped.  It now looked like a heart with a bow.  He wanted a picture of it.
Stockton & Preston
When there was about an hour and a half before Lagoon closed, Mike took Jorja to the car.  We had some sleeping bags in there and they went to sleep.  Maysen, Stockton, Preston and I went on the Paratroopers.  Preston liked that one.  We walked to the other end of the park.  Preston did not want to take the sky ride.  We had earlier in the day.  He said it was scary.  Maysen and Stockton were able to ride Wicked a couple of times and also Wild Mouse.  Maysen then took Preston on Music Express, which he loved!  I think that one was his favorite.  Maysen finished the day by riding another nauseating ride that the rest of us were too smart to get on.
Preston & Maysen
Maysen and Stockton took the sky ride back.  Preston and I raced them! (They didn't know they were in a race - and what could they do about it if they did?)  I was able to get Preston out to the car and be back at the exit of the sky ride when they landed.  Today was an almost perfect day. I just wish Jorja could have enjoyed it!  Thanks Overstock.com!  I hope they keep up this tradition!

No comments: