Friday, June 22, 2012

Arriving Yesterday

We left Japan just after midnight Friday morning.  We arrived in California Thursday night.  Haha!  That is kind of fun.  We got to LAX around 7:00 last night.  Our flight didn't leave until 6:00 in the morning today.  We spent the night in the airport Amazing Race style.  I was dreading this part of the trip, but it really wasn't too bad.  We bought some cards and taught Maysen how to play rummy.  I can't believe I have never played that game with my kids before.  I loved it when I was growing up.  One of the Delta workers was really nice and came out and brought us blankets.  Our gate changed four times before we finally left.  The flight home was beautiful.  It was a cloudy day in LA, which made for a gorgeous trip home.  The pictures just can't do the clouds justice.
Steve picked us up from the airport and took us to the car lot.  Both our cars were there.  We drove home, what a welcomed sight!  As I opened the door to come in the house, all three kids were there waiting for us with their arms around each other.  It was wonderful!  I wish I had my camera, I would like to remember that image forever!  It was so good to see them!  My dad was cooking waffles.  What a nice way to come home.  Cute kids that want to be with us and fresh waffles.

Maysen commented several times during the day how grown up Preston looked.  It seemed he had grown a few inches while we were gone.  He seems older to me as well.  It's amazing how much they can change in ten days!
Jorja with frog Japanese stuff from Rachel ~ she LOVES them.
 Jorja with the frog Maysen picked out at the salvage yard
 Jorja with Pokemon figurines
 Preston with an Emolga figurine
 Preston with his new Emolga hat.  He LOVES that!
 Stockton with his robot souvenir that Mike picked out
 Stockton and Preston
 Stockton, Preston, Mike
My dad offered to take the kids to see Brave while Mike and I caught up on sleep.  I decided I wanted to go too.  I took a quick nap and made it to the movie just in time.  I was quite tired, but didn't fall asleep during the movie, so that was good.  Mike chose to stay in bed.  Preston was good through the movie, but was done about half way through.  I had him on my lap and he kept saying, "I don't get it."  I enjoyed the movie, but it wasn't my favorite Pixar one.  It was fun to go to with my kids.  My dad, Cathy and Max were also there.  Thanks for the tickets Dad.

We got the kids to bed by 8:30.  They were disappointed about that.  I heard them bragging to Maysen, "We got to stay up until 10:00 every night and had a milkshake every day!"  I'm glad they had a great time with my dad.  It was nice that I didn't need to worry about them while I was gone.  Especially in Tokyo when we didn't have a way to contact them.  Thanks for taking such good care of them Dad!  Japan was awesome, but I am so happy to be back with my entire family again! 

No comments: