Friday, May 18, 2012

Solo Abbs

Bubs and Ange had a wedding for Ange's cousin to go to today.  My dad went and picked up Ella and Abby early this morning and brought them to my house.  He stayed for awhile so I wouldn't have to load up all the kids when it was time to take Maysen and Stockton to school.  On the way to school I asked Stockton if he had his social studies homework. He did not.  We decided that I would bring Stockton his homework after math class at 10:30.  I needed to pick up Lincoln at 11, so it was actually perfect.

I loaded up all the kids and went to the middle school.  I thought I was late and missed them.  Josh's mom is carpool this week and I thought I saw her drive away.  I followed the car several streets until I realized it was not them.  Luckily I didn't honk like I was planning.  Anyway, I went back to the middle school and Josh and Stockton were standing in the pouring rain.  They climbed into the car to wait.  We waited a little more than ten minutes.  No one came for the boys.  I told Stockton I had to go, I did not want Lincoln to have to wait for me in the rain! Especially since Bubs told him if I wasn't there to wait under the tree in their front yard.

Anyway, I ended up taking the boys with me.  I didn't have my cell phone and was so worried that Josh's mom would be freaking out.  I couldn't take the boys to school until after I picked up Lincoln - Lincoln was about 25 minutes away.  I got to the cross walk about one minute before Lincoln arrived.  Thank heavens!  I then took Josh to his school and told him to call his mom right away.  I dropped off Stockton and came home to hear the phone ringing.  It was Josh's mom.  Luckily she had completely forgotten about the boys!  She hasn't forgotten all year long, but she did today.  It was actually the best case scenario, that way no one was wondering where they were . . . and I happened to be there to take care of them.  I was so relieved that I didn't give her a heart attack!

I had fun with Bubs' kids today.  Ella and Abbs were playing outside.  I brought Abbs in because the swing Ella was playing on would not be a good idea for her.  She didn't see it that way.  She was mad at me!  She cried until I started taking her picture.  Soon she was smiling away.  So cute!
Abigail
By the way, Ella cut Abby's hair.  I asked Ella what her mom thought about it.  Ella said, "She thought it was beautiful!"
Abby
Ella and Abby had fun riding the toys.  Ella showed Abby how to drive by herself.  She thought she was hot stuff!  I ran up and down the lawn taking pictures and turning/straightening Abby.  She rode it until it ran out of batteries.  Ella kept asking if she could ride.  Abby would turn around her and pat the seat.  Not what Ella was hoping for, but it was adorable!
Ella & Abigail
 Abby riding solo!
 Ella & Lincoln - you can see why I wouldn't let Abby try.
After the Bubs and Ange came and took the kids away, Jorja, Stockton and I read books in my bed.  It was great!  They usually don't like to read with me . . . although we were each reading our own book, but I still loved it.  Later we watched a movie.  We watched The Muppets.  Mike ordered it off Amazon and streamed it to our movie room.  It didn't work out so well.  It was okay, but would stop every so often to load.  Preston thought that was so funny!  It was fun to watch with the kids.  Mike and I loved the modem joke, but the kids didn't understand it at all.

2 comments:

Brett - Rachel B said...

I like Abby's hair- she pulls it off nicely. Is that a new atv?

Stephanie said...

Yes it is. DI is good to us. :)