Monday, May 28, 2012

Memorial Day

Today was awesome!  We had so much fun.  I love our yard.  We started getting ready early this morning.  I made extra snow cone flavors.  Root Beer, Cinnamon, Vanilla, Lemon and Banana.  I was very happy with how they turned out, except the cinnamon was REALLY strong.  Next time I will have to use half as much flavoring on that one.

Today Mike's family came over.  We played in the pool, croquet, basketball, archery, whiffle ball, ate, ate, and ate some more.  The weather started out a little chilly, but warmed up nicely.  This was the first time Aimee was able to come swimming here.  Last year she was in Peru.  She is leaving in less than a month on her mission to Spain!
Taylor & Connor (I can't believe Connor is 16!)
 Taylor
 Maysen
 Maysen & Preston
 Connor, Stockton, Taylor, Maysen
 Stockton . . . what a goofball
 Stockton & Taylor
 Connor, Stockton, Taylor
My favorite memory of the day was the girls making snow cones.  Jorja and Miah took over the snow cone machine.  They were so cute getting orders from everyone.  Miah even made a sign with all the flavors listed. I was so happy watching them together.  They are both in 3rd grade and I just love watching them enjoy each other.
Miah
 Jorja
 Miah & Jorja
We all went to the cemetery together.  We put flowers on the graves of Jessica, my mom, Grandma Honey, and both of Mike's grandparents. Sherry got to my mom's grave before I did and she put a pinwheel there. I was so surprised.  I told her that I didn't know she knew where my mom was buried. She said that she knew it was between Jessica's and her mom's grave.  Still, I was quite impressed.  There are A LOT of graves in between!

No comments: