Thursday, May 24, 2012

Jorja's Chinese Program

Jorja had her Chinese celebration today.  She has been very excited about this.  I was excited to see her because she wouldn't sing her songs for me.  She said she wanted it to be a surprise.  Mike, Preston and I were able to come watch her.  Stockton had a youth service activity (cleaning up Larkin cemetery and putting flags on all the Veterans graves) and Maysen had pottery.  Luckily Mike was able to drive her down and get back just after the performance started.  Jorja's grade was last so he didn't miss her at all.
Ms. Wu and Jorja
The video is a little shaky, especially at first.  We were in the second row, but still had to try not to get the kids heads in front of us.  The kids made up a song inspired by the book, "I Love You: A Rebus Poem"  They rhymed in "ao" in Chinese, so the English doesn't rhyme.
Jorja's translation:
Every leaf loves to fall.
Every cat loves to run.
Every girl loves to scream.
And I love you.
Every rabbit loves to jump.
Every tiger loves to grab people and eat them.
Every person loves a hamburger.
And I love you.
Every monkey loves a big scream.
Every Michael Jackson loves an OW!
Every foot loves to run.
And I love you.
Every leaf loves to fall.
Every cat loves to run.
Every girl loves to scream.
And I love you.

1 comment:

Brett - Rachel B said...

Girls do like to scream, at least Marie and Mina do. But seriously, great singing Jorga- and props for getting first row so we could see you so well. Awesome!