Friday, May 11, 2012

Jeff

When Stockton came home from school we hopped in the car and headed to Boise.  Luckily it was short day, so we were able to leave before traffic.  Unluckily it didn't matter.  We were stuck for an hour on a stretch of four miles.  It was ridiculous.  The flashing sign said 'left lanes closed' when in actuality it was the right lanes that were closed.  Very annoying!

We got to Boise about nine o'clock tonight.  I have to say, that is quite a boring drive!  I had no idea!  Anyway, we stayed at Jeff's house.  The girls were in bed by the time we got there and Stockton went to sleep right away.  I stayed up talking with Jeff until 11.  I loved it.  I can't remember the last time I had even seen him, let alone talked to him for any length of time.  It was cool to hear how all his family is doing.  I was able to tell him about all my brothers.  Also, I was able to be very grateful that I haven't had to deal with diabetes.  Jeff was telling me everything they do for Sophia.  It sounds unbelievably hard.  Jeff said, "I can't believe how easy we have it.  I look back at how we lived before Sophia got her pump and I don't know how we did it.  Especially because we didn't even know what we were doing."  I am so glad that isn't my challenge in life!  On a side note, Jeff totally reminded me of Uncle John.  Crazy.  

Thanks Jeff and Sarah for letting Stockton and I come.  Especially on such short notice.  I'm sorry I didn't get to see Sarah, I hope you had a great trip to Seattle.  Love it there!

No comments: