Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Birthday Happy Mother's Day

Today is Mike's 38th birthday.  He's now as old as I am!

Last night was rough.  Stockton had a hard time sleeping, due to the fact that he slept almost the entire way home from Boise.  He crawled in to bed with us, but tossed and turned for a long time.  He is not use to being unable to sleep.  Sleeping quickly is usually his superpower.  Boy did he miss it last night. Mike finally got up and went to sleep in the guest bed.  Stockton woke up around 5:10.  I know this because I checked the time for him.  Luckily I was able to fall back asleep.  Jorja came in at 5:20 with breakfast in bed.  She made me oatmeal.  She brought Mike froot loops.

The primary sung in church today.  Stockton was very pleased that he didn't have to go up there.  He had fun watching Josh sing.  I told Preston several times that for my mother's day present I wanted him to use the stairs when he was finished singing.  He didn't like that idea.  I also should have asked him to not pick his nose.  He also just opened and closed his mouth over and over.  I know he thought he was very clever.  He thought everyone would think he was singing, but it was incredibly obvious.  Crazy boy.

Jorja gave me a really cute book that is written in English and Chinese. I'll have to put that up here another day.  My present from the family was an Article of Faith wheel.  We had one of these in Georgia, but we gave it away when we moved.  (Someone asked for it and I thought I would make another one right away . . . well, a year and a half later . . .) We use to spin this wheel every morning and say the Article of Faith the spinner landed on.  Our kids knew them so well, especially Stockton.  I want to get back to doing that again.
Stephanie and Mike
 Maysen & Stockton & my lovely wrapping job.
For mother's day I asked Maysen to smile all day.  She was awesome.  I should have asked for a week at least.
Maysen
Jorja wore this skirt to church.  Then she thought it looked beautiful to wear as a shawl.  She wore it all day long.
Jorja
I wanted a picture of my gorgeous children.  Stockton loved making faces and Preston loved closing his eyes.  Over and over.  Don't they realize they will be done much faster if we can get it right the first time?
Maysen, Preston, Jorja, Stockton
 My favorite people in the world.
Maysen, Preston, Mike, Jorja, Stockton
 Present time!  Mike got a present from Tec the Robot.
 Mike's present was a snow cone maker, flavors, cups, straws . . .
Jorja and the Machine
 Our first batch of snow cones.
 Mike
 Jorja: banana, Steph: root beer, Stockton: lemon-lime
Maysen: plain, Preston: strawberry, Mike: cherry
I wanted a picture with the kids too.  They have to humor me because it's Mother's Day.
Maysen, Preston, Stephanie, Jorja, Stockton
 Does this picture of Preston remind you of anyone?
The answer is Stockton in our last Millburn family picture.
I told Mike I was getting him a cold stone cake.  I can never get a cold stone cake for my birthday because I am always at our cabin - which is a wonderful trade off.  Plus my sister-in-laws always do a great job making me cakes on my birthday.  But, since it was Mother's Day I wanted one of these cakes.  We compromised on the flavoring (Mike is not a big chocolate fan), but it turned our delicious.  Yellow cake, mint ice cream, cookie dough, oreo and fudge mixed in.  Yummy.
 Jorja now wearing her skirt/shawl over her pjs.
Mike and I put the kids to bed then finished up the cake outside by the pool.  What a perfect day!  (Except Jorja won the Dominion game and not me.  Stockton came in second, but I was third!)

No comments: