Saturday, May 5, 2012

Empty Bowls

I just had to take pictures of the boys doing their chores.  They were so cute!  The girls were cute too, but I didn't take pictures of them.
Preston leaf blowing
 Stockton learning how to use the lawnmower.
 Mike had him take a few passes by himself.
Mike & Stockton
Maysen and I went up to her pottery class this afternoon.  She knew they were emptying the kiln today and she was anxious to get her work back.  We were able to get three pieces.  (The white cup is perfect for hot chocolate!)
Maysen's biggest bowl, the one she was really excited about, we found on the rejected shelf.  We are not sure why, we will have to wait until Thursday to find out the reason.  Our best guess is her glaze went all the way to the bottom.  Her teacher doesn't like that because it messes up his kiln.
Maysen and I then went to a fundraiser called Empty Bowls in Salt Lake.  There were a whole bunch of handmade bowls that you could buy for $15 a piece.  You then got soup and bread.  I actually thought they would put the soup in the bowls that you bought, but they didn't.  It was nicer taking a clean bowl home.  I let Maysen pick out the bowl.  This is the one she chose.
Today was a productive Saturday.  I love it when that happens!

No comments: