Sunday, April 1, 2012

Sunday Dinner

I woke up early this morning and started cooking. I made three pies, 4 dozen rolls, my mom's blueberry jello, cranberry drink and green beans. Well, not all were made this morning, I pretty much cooked all day. Except for the green beans. Mike did that for me, which was really nice considering he hates beans!

Jorja is still feeling sick today. That's too bad. We watched the first session of conference here. Mike then took Brandon and the kids to Steve's house. I stayed home with the Porge. She slept most of the day. I carried her down for conference so she could sleep on the beanbag in front of the tv.

My dad brought over dinner. He had made turkey, potatoes, gravy, yams and stuffing. My grandma, Aunt Gayle, Bubs & family, Sam, Cathy and Max also came. My dad's cousins were in town, so they were here as well! Jane and her husband Chris came with their two daughters. I haven't seen their girls in years! The last time was probably my mom's funeral. I think they were there. Anyway, I was so excited they were here! We had a really nice night. Hopefully it won't be sixteen years until I see them again!
Jane, Chris, Carrie, Kristen
Jorja slept on my bed most of the evening. Mike went in to check on her after everyone but my dad had left. She was burning up. Mike was talking to her, then she bolted upright and started acting strange. She was completely delirious. She was talking about jelly and crying about the children. The children wouldn't get out of her way. Her eyes were dilated and she was having a hard time talking. It was really bizarre. I asked her what day it was. She said it was Friday. When I asked her how many fingers I was holding up, her voice changed and she sounded like normal. She said, "Do I need to count your thumb?" After she answered me, her voice went back to the trance like voice she had before. It was so crazy. We were able to get her out to the kitchen. She still had no idea what was going on. Mike put cold rags on her forehead to get her fever down. After a few minutes she was fine. We had her sleep upstairs in the guest room so she would be near us tonight. Hopefully she is better tomorrow!

No comments: