Monday, April 23, 2012

Belly Flops

Wow!  There were a lot of belly flops at Stockton's dive practice today.  Thankfully he wasn't involved in any of them.  I don't pay much attention to the other divers.  I spend my time reading and sewing.  I watch Stockton when he is up.  Oh man, the two big belly flops of the night were both off the 3 meter.  One flop was so loud, you knew he was going to hurt.  It took forever for him to come up, I started wondering if someone would need to bring him up.  When he finally surfaced, I was shocked to realize that it was Nate!  He has been the high school state diving champion for three years in a row.  He usually is practically perfect.  A few minutes later there was a loud slapping noise and I was covered with water.  (I am not that close to the pool.)  My sewing was splashed, my kindle was splashed.  This time it was Maci.  She is the high school champion for the girls.  She landed flat on her back.  Ouch!  Such a weird day.

No comments: