Monday, March 12, 2012

I Am Thankful For Pokemon

Yes. Truly I am. Weird, I know. I never even saw it coming. My kids never had much interest in Pokemon. Maybe because it was popular. For some reason, my kids tend not to like anything if everyone likes it. Over Christmas this changed. Maysen and Jorja started learning about Pokemon. Stockton will have nothing to do with it. What this has done for my family has been awesome. Maysen and Jorja now finally have something to bond over. Previously all the bonding has been with Maysen and Stockton, Jorja and Preston, and Stockton and Preston. How I wanted my girls to enjoy each other! Now, thanks to Pokemon, I have my wish. I love hearing them giggle in their room as they battle each other playing Pokemon. Each in bed with their own DS. I love hearing Jorja ask Maysen to watch Pokemon with her - and that the answer usually is yes! I hope this bond that they are forming will last forever! For now, I'm just enjoying them enjoying each other.

No comments: