Friday, March 30, 2012

Glasses

My beautiful Porge needs glasses. At the start of the school year she kind of complained that she couldn't see that well. I was wondering if she just wanted glasses like Maysen. They were about to have vision screening at the school, so I waited. I didn't hear anything from the vision screening, so I did nothing. She would complain once in awhile, but nothing I took too seriously. This week she said, "Mom, I can't see the board. I have to walk to the front of the classroom to see." Hmmm. That is a little more specific. I guess it wouldn't hurt to get your eyes checked. Well, my Porge was right. She needs glasses. The doctor said she needs to wear them all the time . . . except when reading or at the computer. He even said, "At this age, sometimes the kids will think glasses are cool and try to trick their parents into getting them. That is not the case here, she needs the glasses." Oops. Sorry that you couldn't see the board all year! On a side note, our vision insurance is a joke. It covered (I'm not kidding) FIVE DOLLARS. That was it. Pathetic.
Jorja
For Valentine's Day I got Mike tickets to see Zorro at the Hale theater. We took Stockton with us. I was really excited to see it. We had great seats. I thought it was a lot of fun, but it was a little slow moving in parts. There was a lot of dancing and singing. Stockton was a trooper and handled it well. It was fun to have him with us.
Mike, Stockton, Stephanie
The is the only picture I took while we were there. I couldn't see in the view finder, then the flash was so bright . . . oh well.
Mike, Guys Legs, Stockton
One funny thing was Zorro threw his hat and cape to land on the platform right by us. He missed with his cape and it landed on one of the girls front of us. As he was making his exit off stage, he grabbed it and whispered (kind of loud) 'sorry'. I don't know how to explain it, but it was really funny. Louise who was still on stage worked hard to keep a straight face on that one. The Hale Theater is really cool because it is an amphitheater. The stage is really small, which makes it quite fun. I'm excited to see more plays here in the future.

No comments: