Saturday, March 17, 2012

Frog Crayons

Mike and Jorja made frog crayons together. She loves them. She wants a black frog now, so they will have to do this again soon.
Jorja
Bubs and Ange and their family came over for Sloppy Joes today. Preston in a really happy voice said, "Yep. I was right, I don't like Sloppy Joes." Oh well.... Bubs and Ange did have some exciting news about Lincoln. He was accepted into the Spanish Immersion Program! He gets to do the same program as Jorja, except with Spanish! I'm so excited for him! I know Bubs and Ange were hoping he would get in. It is not at their school, so Ange will have to take him there. Now that Lincoln is in, it should be easier to get the rest of their kids in. I am really, really excited about this! Yay Lincoln! (By the way, Lincoln doesn't know yet - so don't spill the beans.) Lincoln if you are reading this . . . ummm, go talk to your parents. :) They have something awesome to tell you!

Mike and I went to the adult session of Stake Conference tonight. Russell M. Nelson was there. We are getting a new Stake President tomorrow. I wanted to jot down a few notes that I took.
  • President Monson is blessed with 2 wonderful counselors and 12 slightly used and willing apostles. President Packer calls them his "used car lot".
  • Elder Nelson also talked about Gideon's army. The Lord got the ratio at 300 to 150,000. That is about 1 to 500. It is also about the same ratio of lds vs. nonlds today. Interesting.
  • "When I was stake president, one thing I would do different is I would put the best teachers in the church in the primary, and I would have them stay there long enough to make a difference."
  • When Elder Nelson was called as an apostle, one of his Jewish friends said, "I don't understand your church. Why would they take you out of heart surgery and make you an apostle? Don't they understand they are losing one of the great tithe payers of their church?"
  • He also talked about being assigned with the task of opening the communist countries of Europe to the church. How overwhelming that was. He testified that the Lord does his work through ordinary people. People with freckles, moles and warts. He went into detail about what happened in Europe, but it would take too long to write and my notes aren't very good . . . .
I enjoyed the evening out with Mike. We left Stockton in charge instead of Maysen (at Maysen's request). He did a great job getting Preston into bed. He told Maysen that he understood why she wanted him to be in charge. Sometimes that Preston can be a wiggly, wiggly little boy!

1 comment:

Brett - Rachel B said...

Thanks for sharing your notes, those are very interesting. Also, how does Mike do molds? I might have to take him up on a lesson.