Friday, February 24, 2012

Road Trip

Mike and I are in New Mexico! We left after the kids got home from school. It took us about 10 hours (traffic and dark!). We got to Mike's house around 1:30 in the morning. I'm a little worried about Preston. He is not 100%. He has been falling asleep during the day - that is my major clue. He does seem warm, but not really sick. I debated about bringing him here, then decided it would be better to have him stay at the cousins. Shannon's youngest is 8 while Mike's youngest is 1. I hope he does okay without us.

I had Mike download a random parenting book to my kindle before we left. Mike hooked up the auto feature and the book was read aloud to us. It was great! It took a little while to get use to the robot voice, but it was nice to have something to listen to. Mike and I really enjoyed the book and talked about how we could implement different suggestions. We joked that the kids will never let us take a road trip again!

3 comments:

Brett said...

How did you get the kindle's robot voice to read over the car's speakers? That would be awesome but I didn't know you could do that.

Stephanie said...

You hit Alt Sym to read aloud. Mike had some wire hooked up to the car speakers. I'll have him explain it because I have no idea.

Mike said...

It was shift+sym to start and stop. The author has to allow it or at least not disallow it. Our car has an aux input so we plug the kindle headphone jack in to that