Saturday, February 25, 2012

Mike the Dentist

Skye gave me this card today. Isn't it adorable! I love it! Thank you Skye!!!

Mike and I got up bright and early to go to Mike's office. He worked on both of our teeth. He spent a lot of time on Mike - partly because (my) Mike couldn't stop laughing. He cracks himself up. It was pretty funny and quite the sight to see (my brother) Mike trying to work on his mouth while (my) Mike kept busting a gut. Mike also got the stains off of my front teeth. I am so grateful for that! I chipped my front tooth when I was seven. When I was in high school I had my front teeth bonded. It made a huge difference. The only problem is, after a few years there stains start to form around the edges. There is nothing I can do about it. I hate it. I have had my teeth filed down and rebonded three other times I think. I can't remember exactly. Anyway, Mike filed down my teeth and got the stains off. He spent a lot more time working on me then my other dentists have done. He tried to file them so the edges won't be sharp - and did a fantastic job. Hopefully it will take the stains longer to form this time. Mike kept teasing him while he was working on me. He would say things like, "You're waterboarding your sister!"

The rest of the day was very relaxing. Mike took us to Firehouse Subs. I've never been there even though there is one close by. It was delicious. I loved it and we talked Mike into going there for dinner again. We are very adventurous eaters. Mike also helped Mike put together some dressers we had brought them from IKEA. They look great in the girls room. Skye and Larkin had fun pretending the different pieces were guitars. They stuck the styrofoam pieces in the back of their shirts when they weren't playing them. It's hard to explain, but it was really funny!

I talked to the kids for a bit today. They seem to be having a wonderful time. Preston has a 101.9 temperature. Dang it! Shannon says he has been great though. Poor little boy!

No comments: