Thursday, February 9, 2012

Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close

It isn't often that I like a movie more than the book. That was not the case today. For book club this month we read. Extremely Loud and Incredible Close. I hated it. Tonight our book club went to see the movie. I was actually hoping it wouldn't be like the book. One of the previews I saw wasn't in the book. The movie was so much better! The gross parts of the book were taken out. The characters were more sympathetic. The ending was better. I was very pleasantly surprised. Which is good because the movie is incredibly sad. One thing I thought was funny was that they took out completely the part of the book where the title comes from. Before I read the book, I assumed the title came from the World Trade Center disaster. Nope. It comes from a flock of birds. One character hears for the first time in twenty years . . . they pretty much took that out of the book. That's okay. I thought this adaptation was great.

No comments: