Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Black Light Volleyball

I survived today! I was in charge of the combined activity - black light volleyball. It sounds like it should be easy and simple, but man was there a lot of stress involved! Most of it was just trying to find poles for the volleyball net. Anyway, today went great . . . thanks to my awesome husband. The only thing I wish I had thought about was I wish I had brought a whistle. That would have been helpful. I also wish I would have taken pictures because the room looked great!

Mike helped set the whole thing up. We started yesterday, just to make sure we didn't have any surprises. I was worried because Mike wouldn't be able to come until the end of the activity. Jorja and Preston started swimming lessons today. Good timing on my part. Luckily, everything turned out great. No black lights were broken. Stockton was the only one who got hurt. We think he chipped a tooth. Although this happened with the lights on while he was playing basketball as Mike and I cleaned up. I was proud of Stockton. He served the ball over the net on his first try ever! In his life! I hope the youth had fun. I know Maysen and Stockton didn't like it. I expected that. It is volleyball after all.

No comments: