Tuesday, February 21, 2012

4 Year Plan

Today Maysen and I had a meeting with her school counselor to go over her four year plan. Yikes! When did this happen? The counselor asked Maysen if she was happy with her grades. Maysen kind of shrugged. The counselor then opened Maysen's file and said, "I'd say those grades are very good!" Maysen shrugged and said, "I got a B." (Maysen has all A's this trimester, and all A's last trimester except for a B in math.)

Later in our conversation, Maysen was asked if she has given any thought into what she wanted to do for a career. Maysen said, "I want to teach French to English kids, or English to French kids." What? I about fell out of my chair. I thought for sure she would say she wanted to be an author. Now I can remember Maysen mentioning something about teaching French, but I didn't realize that would be the first thing to pop into her head. She did say she was also hoping to become an author.

At the end, the counselor showed Maysen her act scores. Not to be confused with the A.C.T. scores. The counselor compared it to a pre-act though, but she wasn't given one final score the way the other test does. When the counselor looked at Maysen's scores she said, "These are really good. Maybe the best I have ever seen." Maysen was above average in every area, but in English she was absolutely awesome! 99% in the US. 100% in Usage/Mechanics. She was quite proud of that. She can't stand it when grammar is used incorrectly. I wonder how she handles reading my blog? Man, sometimes she reminds me so much of Chad! (Hopefully she will test like him too.)

No comments: