Saturday, January 28, 2012

Twelve

Stockton now is officially twelve. This week has been a busy one for him. We had a great day today. My dad, Mike's dad, Bubs & kids, Sam, Cathy, Cori and Max all came over to watch Stockton receive the priesthood. Bishop Valentine also came. I was thankful that he took the time to come over today instead of having us wait until Sunday. Bishop Valentine mentioned how it was cool Stockton was getting the priesthood on his birthday in his house. The reason he thought it was cool was because that was what happened to him. Although he lived in a little town in South America and the mission president flew in to be there, but it was on his birthday.

Scoop told Stockton a story about how he was able to go to a solemn assembly in the Salt Lake Temple. President Kimball was there and taught about the priesthood. He taught you will always be a deacon. Then the first presidency blessed the sacrament and members of the quorum of the twelve passed the sacrament. That would have been quite amazing.
Mike's dad, Mike & Stockton, My dad
Stockton & Mike
Stockton & Bishop Valentine
After Stockton's ordination we had waffles. Stockton specifically asked for grandpa's waffles. My dad was nice enough to make the batter before hand, so it didn't take long to cook. I was upset with myself for not realizing we were almost out of sugar. I made cinnamon syrup and then went to make Stockton's favorite syrup and didn't have enough sugar. Why didn't I make Stockton's favorite first? I was able to make a little so he was still able to have it, but it is annoying that I did that. Whatever....

Anyway, after breakfast Stockton opened presents. Preston gave his a chess game, Jorja gave him some choose your own adventure books (John mentioned they were his favorite books when he was young), Maysen gave him a blanket (so he would stop stealing hers), Mike and I gave him Spellbound (a documentary about spelling bees), and his biggest present was a dictionary. That thing is heavy!
Stockton & Jorja
This afternoon my dad came back over to watch Jorja and Preston while we took Stockton to the temple for the first time. He was really excited to do baptisms on his birthday. He had a gigantic smile on his face the entire time. It was really special. One of the names he had was Shortall. I'm pretty sure that is not how you spell it, but we thought it was funny that it sounded like Short/Tall.
Stockton at the Draper Temple
Maysen, Stockton, Stephanie
We changed clothes and then went to Chuck-A-Rama with my dad and Max. The waiters came and sang to Stockton. I think he had a really great birthday.

No comments: