Monday, January 23, 2012

Last Words

When Cassie and I were going through my dad's garage, we came across a journal entry of some of my mom's last words, written down by my dad. I love them!

Wakes up . . . "Oh, Darn"
"What?"
"I keep waking up."
____________________
After prayers
"You prayed that dopey would be made happy."
"I did not."
"Twice"
_____________________
Gave Phil a hug and a kiss
"Kathy wants a hug."
"If I'd known Kathy was here I wouldn't have kissed Phil."
____________________
To Kris as she was leaving.
"Thanks for watching me sleep."
____________________
Kim leaving to go collect money at a dance.
"I'll tell you what. Kim, you go dancing, and I'll collect the money."
____________________
Friday 9:30 pm
"Don't let my house turn into a trash pit. I'm serious! I'll be very angry."
____________________
To Margaret: "Oh, here's Margaret. Now we're going to cry."
____________________
This last conversation took place the day before my mom died. (While Margaret, Kim, and Ron were in the room, as Margaret was leaving.)

"Stay, I want to tell you people something. One thing I regret that I didn't do. I wish I had paid more attention to the scriptures. I should have been more serious in building my testimony. I wish I had more time."

"You've got to get my boys off of sports more, and more in the scriptures and church."

"I love all of you in this room. Margaret represents my roommates, Kim represents my work."
Then Ron said, "And I represent the family."
"Yes" she said.
"I just want you all to know how much I love you, with a very special love."
Long silence, and then, "I don't know what's gotten into me . . . . The end!! (pause) Contrasting views by responsible authorities will be accepted."
To Margaret, "You can go now."

No comments: