Monday, January 30, 2012

Gift from Grandpa

My dad gave Stockton an awesome birthday gift this year. He made him a little book. It was a poem with pictures. I'm not going to take the time to scan in the pictures because I'm just too lazy, but here is the poem.

Your birthday gift from me this year
Is really kind of fun;
We'll venture out together and
We'll finish when we're done.

I'd like to start by asking you to take a little quiz . . .
Do you like pie? So do I!!
(Pizza pie that is . . . )
3.141592653589793238462643
(my dad wrote a lot of numbers, but I'm not going to write them all out here . . .
because like I said, I'm lazy.)

And do you like those carts that go?
(Go-Carts I think they're called);
And would you go around the track
With someone going bald?

I bet you'd like a round of golf!
(The smaller type, I mean);
And who will win the other is
Remaining to be seen.

Are you good at arcade games
That make a lot of noise?
There'll be lots of bells and whistles on
Sofisticated toys!!

I spelled sophisticated wrong
To see if you could tell . . .
Among your many talents is
To hear a word and spell.

And Laser Tag is such a blast,
(At least that's what they say);
(Have you, like me, been curious?
Who the heck is "they"?)

In short (but it's too late for that),
I'd really like to say:
Come join me in some random fun
At a place called "Planet Play."

No comments: