Friday, January 20, 2012

Farewell Dinner

The kids were out of school today - thank goodness! We had a busy, busy day! I even forgot to send them to their piano lessons. In my defense, the lessons are usually at my house, they are usually on Wednesday, and the kids didn't have school today! They weren't too disappointed.

Stockton had a sleep over party at Isaac's cabin. That place is amazing. Maysen had young women/young men iceskating activity. Luckily my advisers were able to attend that one for me. I spent my time at home soaking up every last second of Cassie and Mallory. We had dinner for them tonight. Cassie made pot roast and I made rolls. Bubs & Ange, Sam, my dad, Cathy, Max, Michelle (Ian's wife) and Hailey came. Oh, we also watched Bubs and Ange's kids while they went to the temple to see Ange's brother sealed to his wife.

Anyway, we had a full house and it was great. Bubs & Ange slept over. After everyone else had left, we spent the time separating old family photos we had found in my dad's garage. We were trying to figure out who should get each picture. It took awhile, but I'm glad we were able to figure out something. I'll need to get a box for Brett, Mike and Matt so I can save some things for them. They have almost nothing from their childhood, so this is a real treasure. I think John said that he didn't even know what he looked like when he was little. Sad. Maybe I just imagined that because I haven't kept my whits completely about me lately.

After Cassie finished packing she went to bed. She was kind of nervous of her long flight home tomorrow. Bubs, Ange, Mike and I stayed up and played Settlers Trails and Rails. I had a major come from behind victory. It was awesome. I hope we can have more game nights like this. Maybe their kids can sleep over from time to time. Would be fun. Mike and I ended up getting to bed at three in the morning. I need to get up at six so I can take Cassie and Mallory to the airport. I'm predicting I will be tired tomorrow!
Mallory trying to interact with Pads
Mallory with her Grandpa
She really enjoyed trying to pick at something on Dad's face
Ouch!
Abbs loved trying to kiss Hailey
Cassie was giving Mallory a bath. Sam poked her head in to say goodbye. Mallory did not want her to leave. She was devastated. Sam picked her up out of the bathtub and held her. Sam shirt was drenched, but Mallory was in heaven. When Sam finally put her down her heart about broke. Can't wait until she can see Sam at her wedding! Whenever that is!
Mallory & Sam
Cassie, Mallory, Abbs
Mallory and Abigail

No comments: