Wednesday, December 21, 2011

This is the Place

We had a family party up at the This is the Place park-thing. Mike's dad had rented out one of the buildings. We had a huge dinner. I ate a lot . . I had to make up for my kids not eating anything. After dinner we wandered around the little village. They had crafts for the kids, a puppet show, a live nativity, train rides and Santa. They had more, but that is what I remembered off the top of my head. I went a little ahead of Mike for the live nativity. I stepped in there and immediately sent a text to Mike telling him to stay away! He didn't get my text and felt the effects as soon as he walked in. We were out of there fast! I couldn't believe how calm baby Jesus was. He was so still it was hard to tell that they were real people. Although, Sherry & Nathan and their families went later. That was not the case for them. The baby was screaming! I guess we got it at the perfect time.

I got a few pictures of the boys with Santa on my cell phone. Once again I forgot my camera. One day I will learn how to get the pictures off my cell phone . . . but that day is not today. The boys wanted to take the train back to our house-thing. The girls and I decided to walk. We got there at least 20 minutes before the boys. The boys had a great time and were happy they waited, so it was a win-win.

It was really cold tonight. The snow was beautiful as we walked along the village, but I didn't realized both of the girls wore crocs. They were cold. Stockton had holes in the bottom of his shoes, so he was cold too. It is hard to take the Georgia out of the kids I guess. I'll need to be more vigilant. I remembered to bring gloves for everyone, although Maysen was the only one who would wear them.

Scoop and Cori gave each of the kids a gift bag. Inside was an art set, journals and socks. Sherry immediately started playing a song that said, "Nothing says Christmas like socks." It was funny. We had a great time tonight, and we are really thankful for our warm house!

1 comment:

Heather said...

I want you to know how much I love reading about your family. :) Thank you for sharing with us! Merry Christmas to you all! I love you guys.. xo