Friday, December 16, 2011

Gingerbread Festival . . . Again

I forgot to take pictures during our gingerbread land festival. I grabbed the camera and snatched a few at the end. Brandon's was awesome. He had a great yard with pathways and snowball fights. Michael had Santa's sleigh up on the roof. Tage had this cool metallic looking roof. I bought two bottles of spray (red & silver) that you can put on cupcakes. Preston loved it. That is what he spent most of his time doing. Xander loved it too, but turned his gingerbread marshmallows into a carnage scene outside his house. Sherry would say, "Let's do some happy things now." Xander is six. It was pretty funny and not what I was expecting the red spray to be used for. Why don't I think ahead?

Lisa arrived first and was a huge help getting the last minute details done. When I saw her scrubbing our sink I said, "You are just like your mom." Totally what Sharen would have done. It is a compliment, I wish I was more like them. Steve & Shannon brought pizza. That was a great help because I don't think I could have put one more thing on my 'to do' list. Jacob got sick while they were here and had to leave early. That must be depressing. Not only to get sick, but to be sick when there is a ton of free candy up for grabs. Hope he feels better soon.
Brandon
Tage
Michael & Millie (Tage's friend)
Derek & Melissa
Tage
Tage's house
Miah
Michael
After decorating we were able to watch The Sorcerer's Apprentice. It turned out to be a perfect day. As we were leaving Miah said to me, "Can we do this every year?" How sweet. Hopefully we can. Maybe by next year I will forget how much work it is to put it together. Or maybe I'll remember and start my baking earlier. Either way I am glad we were able to do this and I am glad the preparation is done!

No comments: