Thursday, November 3, 2011

Wicked Smart

That is how Stockton was described by his teacher at his parent teacher conference today. He is doing really well . . . except he needs to remember to turn in his work. He does it, just doesn't turn it in. I can't wrap my head around that one. Why would you do the work and not turn it in? I remember going to gifted meetings years ago and hearing that the gifted students do this all the time. I thought that was weird. Hopefully Stockton will overcome that little quirk. That was the only thing his teacher suggested he work on. That and reading comprehension. I guess he is only testing 'above average' on that one . . everything else is 'well above average'.

Stockton and Maysen went to play dodgeball with our stake today. Stockton had a great time. He loves dodgeball. Maysen had an okay time, but isn't that interested in going again. They are having dodgeball every Thursday. Pretty great for Stockton . . . except next Thursday is Preston's birthday, so I'm not going to let him go.

Mike went to the dentist today. They said he needed cavities filled, crowns replaced and two root canals. Yikes. Too bad we don't live in New Mexico . . . then my brother Mike could help us out. That is if he does root canals. Do you do them Mike? Or if we still lived in Georgia - Paul could do the root canals. Then I would know they were needed and were being done right. Speaking of Paul, his wife Heather's album Make It Last is now available! I am so excited, I just need to figure out how to download things. Hopefully I'll get it by this weekend. Her CD comes out later this month. For the two people who read my blog, you should go check it out. Her voice is perfection. If I was smart enough I would put a link right here. If Mike wasn't in tooth agony I would have him teach me . . . or you can google search Heather Shepherd. Mike and I met her when we were fifteen years old. Mike use to BEG HER to sing in history class. I can't blame him, she does sing like an angel.

No comments: