Thursday, November 10, 2011

My Baby is FIVE!

First of all, we had pet deer this morning. Jorja looked in the backyard and saw deer there! Mike has always wanted pet deer. Too bad we noticed three minutes after he left for work. There were actually four deer in our back yard. Luckily they were able to get out without falling in the swimming pool or freaking out. Too bad I couldn't figure out the settings on the camera fast enough to get good pictures.
Oh Deer
We let Preston open his presents this morning. He was excited! It worked out great, then he was able to play with them all day long. I asked Preston if he wanted to go to lunch. He did not. He just wanted a Slurpee. Perfect. I can do that.
Stockton & Preston
Preston
Stockton & Preston
Stockton, Preston, Maysen
Preston & Jorja
I spent the rest of the day playing with Preston, making his cake and getting ready for his 'party' with Erica. Preston was born the day Erica turned 10. Preston really wanted to go to a place that had a big water slide that he could ride. Most of the water slides have height restrictions. That would be sad if everyone in the group could go down except for Preston . . . on his birthday! Shannon found a rec center out in Herriman that had a big water slide with no height restrictions. Plus they have diving boards - 1 meter and 3 meter. Perfect. There were only a couple flaws in our plan. First, they had a high school swim meet today, so the schedule on their website was no longer accurate. Basically they didn't open the diving boards at all. Too bad.

We got there about 45 minutes before the cousins. Preston had a great time. He loved going down the little slides and after awhile he worked up the courage to go down the giant slide. Mike went down first, then Preston, then Maysen. The guy at the top asked if Preston could swim across the pool. He can, it just takes him awhile. Preston LOVED it! As soon as he came down he wanted to go again. Soon I sat on the steps at the bottom and would be able to meet Preston when he came down. I would have him swim to me, but he wouldn't have to swim the entire way. Stockton and Jorja each were able to go down with him. (Preston went down by himself, they were just either ahead or behind him.) Preston was in heaven! Until they had to close the pool because someone pooped in it. GROSS! At least it wasn't our kid.

The pool was closed for about 45 minutes while they cleaned it. The cousins came in the middle of this. We sat at the edge shivering while we waited. Stockton and Preston were at the top of the slide waiting. Finally we decided to go play on the climbing wall until the pool was opened again. As we were walking out, Preston slipped and hit his head on the concrete. He wouldn't let Mike hold him, but I was able to carry him out. He was so sad. After a few minutes, Mike asked me what was wrong with my lip. I told him nothing. That was when we realized Preston was totally bleeding. Mike looked at the back of his head and said, "Steph, you need to see this." I told him I didn't. He said, "Really, you need to see this." I said, "Really I don't." I couldn't even look. Thank goodness Steve and Shannon were there. They have four boys and deal with stitches a lot. Steve said it looked like his head split a little bit, but then the goose egg pushed it out more. We got ice and it stopped bleeding some, so we didn't take him to the emergency room. Poor boy. We knew we couldn't let him get back in the pool. He was so sad. Happy birthday!

Anyway, Shannon, Preston, Jorja and I went home a little early and got things ready for cake and ice cream. Preston had a good time giving Oscar doggy treats. We sang Happy Birthday, gave presents (Preston got a board game and we gave Erica Out of My Mind), ate cake and ice cream and headed home. That is about it. Preston had a mostly good birthday. I can't believe my baby cakes is five. I don't want him to grow up, and yet I love watching him grow. Funny how that it.
Preston giving treats to Oscar
Puppies make this sad boy happy.
Preston's cake
Yummy
I tried to write on Erica's cake.
Not a great job, but the cake was delicious.
Preston & Erica
Happy birthday Preston and Erica! We love both of you!

No comments: