Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Jorja's Conference

I had parent-teacher conference for Jorja today. Her teachers are Ms. Wu and Mrs. Redd. They kept saying over and over how smart Jorja is. They also said she is starting to come out of her shell and talk to the other students, but they still want her to participate more. Ms. Wu said that when she asks Jorja a question, she always knows the answer, but she won't speak to her often. I think it is because she is worried she might be saying something incorrectly in Chinese. (She is only allowed to speak Chinese to Ms. Wu.) It was really cool, after talking to the teachers for awhile Jorja came to the table. Ms. Wu said something to Jorja and she left. When she was gone Ms. Wu told me that she asked Jorja to bring her red folder. Sure enough, Jorja came back with what she needed. Ms. Wu would ask Jorja questions and Jorja would answer them no problem. She also read a Chinese passage to Ms. Wu. Later Ms. Wu told me that she hasn't been able to get Jorja to read out loud to her before. Mike and I are going to have to come up with an incentive plan to help her with that.

Maysen and I went to her school today to listen about graduation requirements - gasp. I can't believe how fast she is growing up. Mike had scouts with Stockton, so Jorja was babysitting for about thirty minutes. She tried to cook popcorn in the microwave. She didn't use the bag, she used regular popcorn kernels. There was popcorn everywhere in the microwave! Oh little Porgie Porge. I love that you are so independent, but sometimes it would be nice if you would just watch tv for a bit.

1 comment:

Oregon Millburns said...

Oh my gosh, that is so funny about the popcorn!