Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Hello Winter!

It's snowing! How nice of winter to wait until November, because yesterday was fabulous! Today I spent most of the day baking. We had our Young Women Evening in Excellence tonight. I was in charge of dessert. I made brownies and cookies. Simple and yummy.

Mike took the van to work today to get snow tires on them. I'm excited for these tires after dealing with our tires from last year! Hopefully Sharon and her family won't have to dig us out this year! Also, I'm excited not to be sliding off the road. Anyway, because Mike had the van I used his jeep today. The only problem with that is his garage door opener isn't working....the one that goes in the car. I had my opener in my pocket, so I would open my side, get out, run and push the opener that is attached to the wall, get back in the jeep and park it. Not a big deal, but it was cold and snowing! It wasn't until just now that I realized I could have just parked on my side. Why didn't I do that? I guess I just like doing things the hard way. At least that is what my dad would tell me when I was little.

Stockton and Jorja took their Halloween candy to a dentist office today. They were buying back candy for $1.00 a pound. Stockton kept about three pieces and sold the rest. He earned $5. Jorja earned $2 and Maysen earned $1. Preston only picked about five pieces to sell, so I just gave him a quarter. The dentist office is taking the candy and sending it to soldiers. I was surprised at how much candy they had collected. They had boxes and boxes by the time we got there. I guess they don't care if soldiers have rotten teeth! I was talking to my dad about Stockton selling his candy. He mentioned how Matt and John would think Stockton was crazy. They would NEVER consider doing that. They love candy!

4 comments:

Oregon Millburns said...

Very true about John. Since Mallory did such a wonderful job of collecting candy for us on Halloween, John has stuffed himself with it every night until he gets sick. And just think...he only has had 1 cavity in his life!...Lucky dog!

Stephanie said...

That's good genetics! I never had a cavity until I became a mom. My kids have never had one either. Mike is another story. Right now he is asleep after taking pain medicine because his tooth hurts him. He is going to the dentist tomorrow.

Heather said...

I know a fabulous endodontist ;)

Stephanie said...

Haha Heather! Too bad he is so far away!