Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Gingerbread Village

Finished! My big project of gingerbread houses with the Young Women was tonight. It was great. The girls had a blast. I had three new girls this week. What a fun way to start the Young Women program. As I was taking them home one of them shouted, "I love Young Women's already!" Awesome.

The girls were so creative with their houses. Especially Amanda. You can't see her house really good in the picture, but she made a sled out of wafers. I'll have to get a better picture later. I also loved all the different snow forts built out of sugar cubes. Severine had her gingerbread men hiding behind the fort. Looks pretty cool.
Gingerbread Village
Maysen also worked a long time on her gingerbread house. Hers is pretty fancy. I think she really likes it. She has lights inside. It looks really cool when the room is a little dark.
Maysen
Maysen's Mansion
Now the last thing I need to figure out for this Festival of Trees project is how to transport the houses. I'm not sure how to pull that off. My Monday is packed, especially with diving. I was hoping Mike could help me during his lunch break, but apparently Cyber Monday is a big deal where he works . . . he's not allowed to leave the building.

No comments: