Monday, November 7, 2011

Back on the Board

Last night before bed I checked the calendar to see what I needed to do. I had written 'Mike off'. That was a nice surprise. We had forgotten about that. Work gets so crazy around this time of year that each person in Mike's group was able to pick a Monday or Friday to take off. They were assigned/picked their days a few weeks ago. Love it.

This morning as I was about to walk out the door to take Maysen and Stockton to school, Jorja was looking for a toothpick. When I came back, this is what she had done. I love it. Both Maysen and Jorja had a snowman by a fire. Mike was teasing them about it. Ange mentioned that it would be funny if the snowman was roasting a marshmallow. It looks adorable. Great job Porge!

Mike and I spent his day off cleaning our bedroom. We still had boxes and boxes stashed in their from our move that we hadn't been able to get to. We went through every box today. It took all day long. I am so glad that is over and I'm glad we were able to have the time to do it. Our bedroom is awesome now! I love not having the boxes everywhere . . . just reminding me that I haven't moved in all the way yet. We are taking back the house!

Stockton went diving up at the U today. It was nice to be back with Monica. I think it is great to work with Monica and Mike as coaches. Their coaching style is completely different. Mike pushes Stockton to try new skills quickly, Monica focuses on technique. It is a really great mixture. Right now Mike is coaching in Bountiful. I have no desire to drive that far. We are only working with Monica one day a week because Stockton has scouts on the other day. It wouldn't be that big of a deal, but Mike is one of the advisers. I don't want Mike to be there without Stockton.

Anyway, Monica asked Stockton if he would like to go to a diving meet in Oregon. It is an AAU meet, so he would need to register as an AAU diver. No idea what that really means. There is no way he would win right now, but it would be a great experience. We are going to pass on this meet, but are quite excited that he is progressing enough to be offered fun and exciting experiences. Monica really wants him to go to regionals in March. I guess we will prepare for that. I don't know where regionals is, but we might as well get ready just in case we decide to go. I loved watching Stockton today. He looked so happy to be back on the board. He was so tired at the end of class. I thought class would be from 5-7. I guess it really was from 6-8. Monica said she would love Stockton to come from 5-8. Stockton was pretty wiped out by 7:15. He said he needed to work up to 3 hours. Especially when he was only expecting two. We did stop by 7-11 on our way home for a Slurpee and a donut. Stockton loves that tradition.

No comments: