Thursday, October 27, 2011

Missed Bus

I took the boys to an early dentist appointment today. I dropped Maysen off at school on the way. I gave Jorja the garage door opener with specific instructions about when to leave and what door to go out of. I guess Jorja lost track of time while she was playing the piano. She hurried to the bus stop, but was too late. I am not good at remembering my cell phone. She tried calling me, but I had left it home. Once we were done with the dentist, I stopped and let the boys get a donut, then I dropped Stockton off at middle school. He only had ten minutes left of class, so I waited for him. I then took him to his elementary school and Josh to his school. When I finally got home, there was a note taped to the door. It said, "Mom I missed the bus. I've been trying to call you. I've been crying the wole time you have been gone. Please take me to school. --Jorja" Man I was frustrated. I was frustrated with myself for forgetting my phone, and I was frustrated with Jorja for missing the bus. I wish she would have thought about calling her dad. I wonder if she knows his number. Guess I better ask.

2 comments:

Oregon Millburns said...

Where was Jorja when you got home? Did she walk to school?

Stephanie said...

No, the school is too far away for her to walk....and she would have gotten lost. She was inside the house. Luckily she had the garage door opener with her so she was able to make it back inside. I'm glad I didn't have her lock the door on the way out. That would have been one sad little Porge!