Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Jorja is NINE!

Busy, busy, fun day. Jorja brought frog pops to school for her birthday. She made them and they turned out so cute! She had such a fun, froggie day.
Jorja
Before school, we let her open one present. It was a webkinz. I'm glad she still loves webkinz. She picked the one she wanted for her birthday. She chose a winter fawn. She named her Flake.
Silly picture
After school was piano lessons. Jorja was really excited to show her teacher that she had memorized her entire recital piece. She only needed to have a few lines memorized. While the kids were doing lessons, I made more frog pops. Once Jorja was done with her lesson, she decorated them. She even made a puppy pop for Preston.

Once piano lessons were done, we watched Jorja open presents. She got LOTS and LOTS of frog things. She loved it. One would think she would get a little tired of having so many things that are frog related . . . one would be wrong.
Maysen
Stockton
Mike
Preston
BIG smile!
Maysen, Stockton, Jorja
Preston, Maysen, Stockton, Jorja
We got Jorja a really cute frog hat. She loves it. After presents we went rollerskating. Jorja wore the frog hat and looked absolutely adorable. It was funny because it would kind of glow when the lights were off, so she was really easy to find. Maysen also wore the birthday hats at the rollerskating rink...exactly like you see in the pictures. She thought it was funny that her shadow looked like she had horns.
Maysen, Stockton, Jorja
Maysen with horns
Preston made Jorja a birthday card by himself. I love it!
Stockton, Jorja, Preston
Stockton & Jorja with an orange froggie swim cap
Stockton & Jorja with a Sponge Bob book written in Chinese
Jorja got a card from my dad. It said, "This card is your ticket to go with Grandpa Millburn to the Aquarium to see many weird frogs (and other aquatic lifeforms, pick a prize from the gift shop, and then to go to Cold Stone to get your fill of ice cream." Jorja LOVED that gift! She is so excited. The entire time we were rollerskating she would whisper to me, "I can't wait until Friday!" She asked Maysen how come grandpa didn't give her a birthday gift like this. I told her, "I told him Maysen would like a book. I thought of this idea and suggested it to my dad after Maysen's birthday." Someone, I'm not sure who....it might have been Jorja said, "Maysen got hosed."
Stockton & Jorja reading Grandpa's card
Preston & his puppy pop
What a fun, long day we had. I hope Lincoln had as fun of a birthday as Jorja did! Can't believe my little Porge is nine already. I am so thankful she is in our family. I love spending every day with her. Love you Porgie Porge!

No comments: