Monday, October 10, 2011

Happy Birthday Maysen!

I can't believe my little girl is 14! I don't like how fast she is growing up. At least I like who she is growing into. She is wonderful.

Mike made crepes this morning. We also let Maysen open her presents before school. I think she was very happy with her books. She also got a couple DVDs and some clothes . . . and an umbrella.
Maysen ~ 14 years old
Preston
Maysen ~ she wanted a see through umbrella
Jorja drew Maysen some pictures
Maysen
Today was crazy. The PTSA sent an e-mail out Friday afternoon about red ribbon week. I noticed that there was a morning assembly mentioned. I called this morning to find out when the assembly was. Stockton's class had the assembly first, then class after. That messed me up on so many levels. I let Stockton stay home during the assembly and I brought him to the school when it was over. I had switched car pool with Josh's mom so I could get a milkshake for Maysen for lunch. With the boys getting out late, she couldn't do it because she had a presidency meeting. She is the Relief Society President. I dropped Stockton off at his school, took Josh to his school, then I was driving to get a milkshake for Maysen. Preston started complaining of being really hungry. Then he threw up everywhere. I had to take him home and clean him up, but I had no time to get Maysen a milkshake. I made her a quick lunch and met her at school. I was worried she would be waiting for me at her locker. How horrible if I couldn't make it and she had to go hungry on her birthday. Anyway, I made it. Too bad she didn't get a milkshake. I'll have to try again next week.

After school is when the fun really begin! Sister Staker came over and gave Maysen a rose to welcome her into the MiaMaid class. We then packed up the car and picked Mike up at work. Maysen is turning an even number birthday, so it is her year for a party. She doesn't really have any close friends, so we decided to do something really fun as a family. I remember seeing something on Jana's blog about indoor skydiving. Maysen decided that is what she would love to do. We drove to Ogden and went to IFLY. Maysen LOVED it! We each got to go in the vertical wind tunnel twice for one minute each time. Even Preston.

We dressed in skydiving suits complete with goggles and earplugs. Our instructor, Dusty, took us in a room and gave us a quick lesson. The most important things were to keep your head up and don't wiggle. He said that many, many times. Preston obviously wasn't paying any attention. When it was his turn he kept swimming like a fish. It was so funny! He had a giant smile on his face the entire time.

The second time we went in the tunnel the instructor took us up high. It was so much fun. I did not like the feeling of the wind in my nose. It is still bothering me right now. No one else was bothered by it though.

There was a guy with us that obviously had a ton of experience. He was so much fun to watch. Dusty was fun to watch too. When Dusty found out it was Maysen's birthday he said, "I'll give you the DVD for free." Nice! I can't wait until Mike edits the DVD, it will be awesome. Right now it is too long and boring to put up here.

Once our flying was over, we went to Maggie Moo's for ice cream. Then home for cupcakes. I couldn't find our candles, so Mike got a sparkler. It was fun, but set off the smoke alarm. It also spread ash on the cupcakes, so it wasn't our most brilliant idea.
Maysen
It was such a crazy/fun filled day. I love you Maysen! I'm excited to see you grow this next year!

2 comments:

FitzSimmons Times said...

Happy Birthday Maysen...I remember when your mom was pregnant with you and I was visiting in Seattle. She was telling my why she was naming you Maysen and I remember her writing your name in the fogged up window...we both thought it was perfect for the new baby. It doesn't seem that long ago! Happy Birthday!

Stephanie said...

Wow Brooke! That's a great memory. I remember you visiting me and helping me move. I sat there and watched you pack up my kitchen. I kept thinking, "I am so tired. How am I suppose to do this?" Thank goodness you were there. That couldn't have been a fun vacation! Miss you! I can't believe you have four kids now! Crazy!