Friday, October 28, 2011

Chili and Chocolate

Stockton was excited about today. Maysen had middle school, but the elementary school had the day off. That meant Stockton went to math, then got to go home. He thought that was pretty cool. He went to school, took a math test, then went home. Nice day for him. Stockton also had friends come to the door and ask him to play. This was the first time that has happened since we moved from Georgia. Stockton was out with Isaac, Jordan and Logan for quite awhile. Stockton had a very good day.

Jorja was excited about today. She got to go to the aquarium with my dad. He called me last night and said that they had Max unexpectedly. He was going to need to take Max with him on Jorja's special day. I wasn't about to let that happen. I asked him if we could watch Max here while he took Jorja to the aquarium. It worked out great. Preston had a great time playing with Max. When it was time for him to leave, I asked Preston if he had fun with Max. He said no. When I asked why, he said, "I thought Max was going to sleep over."

Jorja came back with a new frog and a giant serving of cotton candy ice cream from Cold Stone. She was so excited about this trip with grandpa. It is pretty awesome living in Utah.

Jorja and Preston decided they wanted to rake leaves outside. Of course, before that could be done, the leaves needed to be raked in a pile and played in. They were outside for a couple of hours. They did fill four bags of leaves.....then we ran out of bags.
Jorja - her new frog she got with my dad is in the tree
Beautiful Porgie
Preston
Preston & Jorja
Preston
I love Preston's face!
Preston with his Porge
Jorja attacking her dad
Jorja, Preston & Stephanie
We had our ward Chili and Chocolate party today. I tried to prepare my kids by telling them this was going to be nothing like the Halloween parties in Georgia. The Halloween parties in Georgia are pretty crazy....bouncy houses, cotton candy, trunk-or-treating..... The highlight of this party for the kids was talking in the microphone. The bishop was asking the kids if they had any Halloween jokes. Preston was pretty cute. He walked up to the bishop when there were not any kids around. He waved his hand in the air like he was asking for the microphone. The bishop asked him if he had a joke. He nodded and was handed the microphone. In a voice as clear as a bell he said, "Why did the chicken cross the road? . . . To get to the other side." It was so cute. Later he told me, "I was hoping no one else would say my joke."

Stockton also liked to talk in the microphone. He would say weird things about crackers and make commentary about how Christmas decorations should not be up yet. Anyway, my favorite costume was by Isaac - a boy Stockton's age. He dressed like a hobo with a sign asking for money. He had a cup and I'm wondering how much money he had in there by the end of the night. Also, my chocolate placed third. Not sure how many votes were from my own kids.....

No comments: