Friday, September 9, 2011

Work Friends

Mike had his friends from work over for dinner today. Bear, his wife Angie and their baby Carrston were here along with Nate and his wife Jen. Bear and Nate were the ones that interviewed Mike for the job he now has. Mike made No Names and Fajaitas. I made some Key Lime Tarts. Everything was delicious. We ordered Little Caesars for the kids, so while we were having our yummy dinner they were downstairs watching Rio . . . and they were okay with that.

After dinner, Angie was able to get Carrston to sleep in our crib. Mike then taught everyone how to play Dominion. Angie barely paid attention and stomped everyone. It was funny. Next was night swimming. Mike had a lot of fun today, I just wish I had bought marshmallows so we could have made s'mores. We did have four marshmallows, but more would have been better. I am so tired right now I can't think straight, so hopefully this entry will be coherent.

Oh, just a few funny random things that I wanted to add. A few days ago I was looking at some pictures of Ollie and Drew on facebook. I smiled and Preston wanted to know what I thought was funny. I told him, "Tammi thought the baby was Drew, but it was really Ollie." Preston then kept laughing and repeating the sentence over and over for the next hour . . . while laughing and playing Webkinz.

I always check on the kids before I go to bed. I love looking at their sweet faces, but sometimes I am so painfully aware that they are growing up. I want to freeze this part of my life and have my kids with me, in our house forever. Anyway, when I leaned down to kiss Stockton on his cheek he opened his eyes and stared at me. He also put both hands, palms facing out, in front of his chest. He wasn't awake and his eyes weren't focused on anything. I kept whispering, "It's okay Stockton, it's just mom. I'm just turning off your blanket...." The entire time Stockton kept staring with those eyes....wait, I can't do it. (Stockton sleeps with his mattress pad on high all summer long. It is ridiculously hot, so every night before bed I turn it off.....Jorja does the same thing. Wackos)

This same night when I kissed Jorja's cheek she turned over and really, really loud said, "Puppies". Oh man. Kids are the best.

No comments: