Thursday, September 22, 2011

Dinner

Today Matt and Sam came over for dinner, along with Sam's mom (Tammy) and her step-dad (Steve). We had a really nice time. Sam looks a lot like her mom. Steve is quite sick. He has a brain tumor. He was told he would only live a few months, but it has now been two years. Steve was worried about offending us because he didn't want to eat. It reminded me so much of my mom. I remember at my wedding shower she whispered to me, "Will you eat my food? Everything looks so good and I don't want them to think I don't like it." That is too bad that their family has to deal with this. Tumors are annoying. I don't like them.

After dinner we played Dominion. Mike stomped everybody. He really enjoyed that game. After Sam and her parents left, we played one more game with the kids. That game Maysen thrashed us. It wasn't even close. The kids were up pretty late. Good thing it is late start for the middle school. I am liking that more than I thought I would. Although I would prefer them to get out earlier instead . . .

No comments: