Sunday, September 11, 2011

Matt's Engaged!

Matt and Sam are getting married! Maysen is really excited. So am I. I assume Matt is as well. We really like Sam. Congratulations guys!

Yesterday while we were playing Dominion, Preston was eating a Dum-Dum and poking Stockton constantly. Mike asked him to stop. He didn't. Mike told him he would be sent to time out if he didn't stop. He didn't stop. Mike picked up Preston and was carrying him to timeout. Preston started making gagging sounds. We realized he had swallowed the sucker - stick and all. Preston threw up on the floor and was finally able to get the stick out. That was really scary.

Today I walked to church with Jorja. She wore her roller skates and I wanted to help her change out of them. Mike and the kids were going to walk a few minutes behind us. When I got Jorja out of her skates I saw Maysen coming in the door. She said, "Is Preston here?" I told her I hadn't seen him. She said he was running ahead of them and wouldn't wait. Mike arrived a few minutes later and we had no idea where Preston was. Mike checked one side of the building, I checked the other. I ran outside hoping he wasn't in the parking lot. I figured I was more worried if he was there then if he was inside the church somewhere. Mike and I met up and still hadn't found him. We ran back inside and we were about to start combing the church again when we hear his voice. He was in the back overflow area walking on the chairs. RELIEF! I was so glad to see him. We took him out in the hall and explained he couldn't run ahead, we didn't know where he was. As we went to sit down where the other kids were, Preston was crying, "I was saving the seats!" I was able to get him calmed down and told him he couldn't be the one saving the seats when he ran too far ahead.

I had two different people come and talk to me after sacrament meeting was over. They said things like, "Your little boy is so cute. He made sure everyone knew he was saving six seats for his family. He said over and over 'I need six seats!'" I guess I need to make sure he is the one who gets to pick seats next week. Also, I now see the flaw in our plan to have whoever made it first to church pick the seats. We thought it helped get them out of the door faster.....

On a side note, Mike is now helping with the eleven year old scouts. Stockton was quite excited when he was sustained. Jorja was annoyed that Stockton always gets to have dad as a teacher. (Mike also teaches Stockton's primary class.)

No comments: