Saturday, September 17, 2011

I Love Saturdays

We had Lincoln, Ella and Abbs over today while Ange and Bubs went to the temple. Ella was so cute. She kept saying, "Stephanie, do you want to play with me?" I asked her what she wanted to play. She said, "Books!" The first book she picked out was a chapter book. Miss Daisy is Crazy. I asked her if she wanted to get a shorter book. She didn't. I read the first chapter, then she decided she wanted a shorter book. We picked out a few. She loved the one about rainbows.

Stockton, Lincoln and I played Dominion. Lincoln was doing so well, I thought he was going to win the game. Then he got obsessed with Torturer. He thought that was awesome. He kept buying them, pretty soon they became less awesome. It didn't matter to Lincoln, he still loved shouting out, "Torturer!" Then he would laugh. Pretty impressive that at five he understands how to play the game . . . mostly.

Maysen and I made rolls today. She has been wanting them for awhile. I told her if she made them she could have them. She thought the punching down the dough part was funny. Rolls are yummy.

Bubs and Ange took the kids swimming when they came back. We had the heater on for a couple of hours before they got in, but it was still pretty cold. Man, summer is almost over!

Jorja was pretty sick for most of the day. High temperature again. She slept on the floor for the most part. Good thing we have such comfy carpet. We were able to get her temperature down this evening. Hopefully it stays that way!

I took Stockton to the dive show today. He decided that he liked it enough to do it next year. I think he will enjoy it. I thought the clown diving was pretty funny. The guy with the unicycle went off the seven meter. Crazy.

After the kids were asleep, Mike and I went swimming with Maysen. The water was a lot warmer, but I still was cold. Mike and Maysen enjoyed it a lot. We roasted marshmallows after. The house behind us was having a big BYU/Utah party. There would be random cheering and shouts of TOUCHDOWN! I'm not sure if they are BYU or Utah fans. We recorded the game and are going to start watching it now. Hope it's a good one!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

By the way, I won the Dominion game. She didn't mention that.

- Stockton (I was too lazy to log in)

Stephanie said...

I did discover that our neighbors are 100% U of U fans. Holy turnovers batman! That game was definitely NOT worth staying up for!