Thursday, September 8, 2011

16 Awesome Years

Today is our anniversary! Sixteen years. I don't know how I was able to con Mike into wanting to marry me, but best con ever! We had such a fun day today. Mike was able to work from home today, so that was great. Mike, Preston and I went to lunch at Kneaders. Preston loves Kneaders. Or as Preston calls it, Meaters. Preston LOVES pumpkin bread. We brought a loaf home as well as a loaf of caramel apple bread. The children's verdict? Everyone loves pumpkin bread, no one loves the apple bread. As a matter of fact the apple bread causes plugging of noses and gagging noises. Accompanied along with tears.

We decided to celebrate our anniversary by going to Airborne Trampoline Arena. Basically it has zillions of trampolines, even on the walls. We went for an hour and the kids were exhausted by the end. There is also a dodge ball area. They had signs saying to ask about the dodgeball league at the front desk. Stockton wanted to know about that. When I asked they said they were planning on a dodgeball league, but didn't have a good response....but we were welcome to come and play dodgeball at any time. I'm thinking - how are we going to find enough people to do that? Stockton's thinking - why don't you take down the sign then? Too bad. Dodge ball would be super fun with trampolines to bounce off of.
Maysen & Stockton
Stockton
Maysen
Jorja
Preston
Maysen & Stockton
Maysen
Maysen & Preston ~ they played together for a long time....so sweet.
Maysen attacking me with a dodgeball
Jorja ~ some random kid kept following her around and hitting her in the face with dodgeballs....I had her come sit with me for awhile.....
Jorja
I thought it was cool how you could see outside through the tramp.
We now enter our rulebreaker series.....
Maysen ~ the sign on the wall says No Diving
In Maysen's defense, she didn't dive once she noticed the sign
Stockton ~ The sign says No Tricks off the Platforms
In Stockton's defense, he views rules more as suggestions
Jorja ~ the sign says Do Not Climb the Walls of the Tramp
In Jorja's defense, she is a very cute Porge
Jorja ~ this is how the kids looked at the end of the hour
I'm guessing they had a great time. Preston said next time we should buy a different color wrist band. He didn't realize that the color was determined when you entered the building..... everyone jumped for an hour......

After I dominated at Dominion and put the exhausted children to bed, Mike and I went out for frozen yogurt. I love my life, I love my family and I love my husband. I don't know what in the world I did to deserve to be so blessed, but I'll take it! Today was a wonderful, wonderful day.

On a side note, thanks Cassie for the anniversary card. It even came today....nice planning. I am not even good at sending thank you notes and birthday cards..... maybe one day I'll work on that. Love you and miss you guys!

3 comments:

Oregon Millburns said...

Woo hoo! Glad you got the card and liked it :)

Natalie said...

That place looks awesome. I'm tempted to take Dustin there and just drop him and watch him bounce around and fall in the pit. I'd have to dig him out. That would be hard.

Stephanie said...

Haha Natalie!