Friday, August 26, 2011

Wacky

At 7:28 this morning, Jorja says, "Mom, when is our dentist appointment?" I totally forgot! The appointment was for 7:30 and the dentist is a half hour away! Whoops. I was annoyed with myself because I was so excited Maysen wouldn't miss any school because the middle school has late start on Fridays. I called the dentist and they were able to fit me in at 8:15. Stockton had to take the bus. He said it was better than the first time. That's good to know.

I know there are a million dentists here in Utah, so it is crazy that I drive my kids thirty minutes to see one. But, we are going to see Eric Martin. I guess Dr. Eric Martin. He was Mike's best friend growing up and was the best man at our wedding. I was so excited for him to become our dentist. He has an office in Riverton and Eagle Mountain. It is called the Dental Barn. The kids like watching the movies on the ceiling. Preston was excited because he got a balloon animal even though he didn't do the dentist stuff.

We have now survived the first week of school. Stockton said, "I think I'm going to like Fridays." He should! Middle School is late start and Elementary School is early release. He is in school just over four hours on Fridays.

Jorja was a little teary eyed when we put her to bed. She said she had a hard day. She was disappointed that she didn't earn a Wacky Zingos trophy on Webkinz. You have to get over 600 on the Wacky Zingoz game, but they only give out trophies for that one week a year. Stingy of them. I decided to try to earn her a trophy, even though I'm not very good at that game. After awhile I asked Mike if he would try as well. He got 600 on his first try! I wanted him to get another one so both Preston and Jorja could have one. We sat there and played that game for over a half an hour. Once I got 599.2. That was annoying. Mike said, "How did it come to this? Here it is a Friday night and we are playing Wacky Zingoz?" I was about to call it quits when I hit 600 exactly! There should be a shiny trophy in the Porges dock waiting for her tomorrow. I hope she's grateful!

3 comments:

Brett - Rachel B said...

hahah you know how to party! what good parents :)

Brett - Rachel B said...

hahah you know how to party! what good parents :)

Anonymous said...

599.2? Not as bad as when I got 599.5! At least at the end of forever I got it. - Stockton