Thursday, August 4, 2011

Swim Party

Stockton and Jorja had their end of the year swim/dive party. We were assigned to bring dessert. Jorja made fish sugar cookies. She decorated them all by herself - they turned out really cute. The party wasn't until 6:30. By that time the wind was really blowing and it was pretty cold. Stockton enjoyed the diving board anyway. He tried a double and completed it! Awesome! Preston even went off. The diving board is quite a bit higher than ours, so he was frozen for a moment. I asked if he wanted me to count to three, but he counted himself. After the first jump, he had no fear. But it is hard for him to get to the side . . . especially since we haven't done swimming lessons for awhile. Mike helped him most of the time, but one time Preston jumped in and Mike said, "He's all yours." I was hoping not to get in the water because with the wind it was especially cold. Oh well. I sat there shivering and told Preston to go off the board again. Might as well while I'm already in the water. Stockton just laughed and me and said, "Now do you believe me?" He is always complaining that the water at our community pool is too cold. Makes me more and more grateful for our hot tub pool.

Stockton and Jorja both got end of the year trophies. Preston kept asking, "How do you get a trophy?" He wants one now! Stockton's diving coach had asked if Stockton was going to dive with him this winter. Stockton is quite excited about it because he will get to take lessons off the platform. I'm sure it will be a little crazy with getting ready for school - especially since his coach is a middle school resource teacher, but my bet is it will be worth it for Stockton.
Preston
Mike

No comments: